National Account Manager - Primary Food Packaging
NEW VACANCY! (PK6173)
NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER - PRIMARY FOOD PACKAGING
SOUTH WEST AREA
Salary Circa £50/60K dependent on experience + Commission + Laptop + Mobile
Our client is a manufacturer of bespoke and standard primary packaging for a range of food industries.
They currently require a National Account Manager ideally based in or close to the South West of England. You will be tasked with managing and growing the existing portfolio of business whilst generating new business, to meet and exceed monthly and annual targets, to foster relationships and ensure margin growth, opportunity tracking and development.
- Manage and advise customers on new project developments ensuring all the required specification can be met whilst achieving the required profit margin.
- Targeting and developing new accounts in accordance with strategy.
- Assist colleagues with issues related to new project developments.
- Provide updates to internal colleagues to progress orders.
- Produce accurate quotes, following an agreed pricing structure.
- Pro-active chasing and updating of order status.
- Manage weekly schedule of orders to customers with relevant comments and actions.
- Authorise orders to ensure all information is correct.
- Monitoring Critical Path Analysis to ensure all components meet the required timeline.
- A minimum of 2 years in an Account Management role is preferred.
- Experience in food packaging or an understanding of supply chain to retailers via packer/ processors.
- Excellent negotiating and relationship management skills.
- The ability to digest and understand technical specifications and retain product knowledge to assist the customers achieve their requirements.
- Confident, tact and a persuasive manner.
- Articulate and accurate.
- Good business sense with an understanding of leakage and credit control.
- Customer service skills and professional telephone manner.
- A positive attitude towards change.
- Pricing and product knowledge.
- Takes responsibility for own personal development and training.
- Initiative, energy and persistence.
- IT literate.