Packaging Project Manager
A leading specialist packaging company is on the search for a project Manager to lead complex projects from conception to full implementation through manufacturing and supply chain. The role will provide continual support to the Packaging and Labelling department to enable effective management of the department’s priorities, schedules, workload and resources.
Key responsibilities pertaining to this managerial role will include:
• Managing a multi-functional team and co-ordinating project activities and actions.
• Managing and developing processes and activities in the P&L department.
• Preparing regular and ongoing reports, department, project and KPI updates to senior management
• Participating, organising and presenting in project review/update meetings throughout organisation
• Prepare and maintain project and department documentation, files and tracking system to ensure compliance with internal and external Quality Systems including managing change control forms.
• Making effective use of own and team resources by effective planning in co-ordination with time scales defined by project
• Manage packaging and labelling implementation from concept, through design, trials, approval, managing due diligence requirements at each stage.
• Manage packaging and labelling affected projects from concept to implementation and launch into markets working with R&D, regulatory, manufacturing, sterilisation, quality, master data, marketing, DC, supply chain and customers, reporting updates as required.
• Working with relevant departments across the business coordinating their activities through project planning tools.
• Oversee or where appropriate generate protocols and reports for trials and manage trials, making recommendations where appropriate.
• Support the projects on site as required and gain responses in a timely manner.
• Comply with site HS&E, CME and QMS procedures.
The most important skill we are looking for in candidates is the ability to project manage complex assignments, and a knowledge of a wide variety of packaging processes and materials. Due to the nature of our client’s business, ideally we are looking for project managers with experience in a medical/pharmaceutical context, where there are strict legislative requirements, however candidates out with this field may be considered.
Please only apply for this role if you tick the following boxes:
• Higher qualification that demonstrates ability to carry out duties and responsibilities as listed above.
• Experience and understanding of processes within the packaging and labelling industry.
• Experience and understanding for processes within the highly regulated environment/ industry.
• Professional qualification in project management i.e. Prince 2
• 3 years’ experience (practical application) and good understanding of project management and product implementation.
• Ability to manage a number of complex and high profile projects running concurrently.
• Intermediate/advanced Microsoft Office skills i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet explorer, Project, Outlook, Visio
• Full driving license.
Experience and a good understanding of packaging and graphics processes, materials and design will make your application stand out from the crowd. Demonstrable knowledge, ability, skills and experience, preferably with experience as a packaging technologist/engineer/project manager/indirect report people management is also highly sought after, as is a good understanding of manufacturing and supply chain activities within a business environment.