Packaging Technologist - Food Packaging & Sustainability
An excellent opportunity for a passionate, food packaging technologist with good knowledge /expertise of packaging manufacturing and print processes, experience in new product development & knowledge of packaging materials (in particular plastics & cartons) to join this successful, innovative team to further deliver the packaging strategy. This demanding role requires an individual with first class organisation, presentation and communication skills. A consistently professional approach of the highest standards is key.
- Deliver the food packaging innovation strategy, driving commercial customer focused benefits
- Keep up to date with the latest packaging industries trends in materials, components, print and product formats and feed these into NPD / existing product development.
- Influence sourcing and product improvement strategies
- Work with the buying teams to ensure all suppliers have full understanding of briefs. Delivering clear specifications on product briefs, packaging formats, packaging testing requirement, sustainability, legal policies & best practices.
- Develop and approve fit for purpose packaging formats ensuring quality and innovation is embedded into the products whilst ensuring a market leading position and feeding into our product development strategy.
- Manage adherence to product safety, compliance and ethical standards in line with legislation and corporate policy.
- Monitor the voice of our customer around Quality packaging and build into ongoing product development strategy.
- Key Relationships
- Internal Value Optimisation Team
- Sustainability team
- Packaging Team/colleagues
- Buying & Merchandising
- Design & Marketing
- Commercial Managers
- Product Development & Product Technologists
- Industry experts
- Skills & Experience
- Experience in the Food packaging and print industries & a passion for food packaging & sustainability
- Creative approach to the design & development of structural packaging concepts for product and transit
- Experience with customer facing carton construction, decoration and sourcing.
- Ability to work independently across multiple projects simultaneous
- Multi tasked orientated, working to tight deadlines while maintaining entrepreneurialism
- Excellent communication skills across functions, internally and externally.
- Capable of interpreting customer data to shape future product development strategy.
- Experience of briefing and specifying NPD projects to create product briefs
- Detailed understanding of materials and how to utilise to value engineer packaging formats
- Understand the cost of printing and packaging materials
Apply for Packaging Technologist - Food Packaging & Sustainability
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Corrugated Research and development jobs in London (Central)
- Cartonboard Research and development jobs in London (Central)
- Flexible plastics Research and development jobs in London (Central)
- Rigid plastics Research and development jobs in London (Central)
- Design and branding Research and development jobs in London (Central)