PACKAGING TECHNOLOGIST (implementation of NPD & existing packaging technology)
To develop the companies expert industrial capabilities, this is an excellent opportunity for a Packaging Technologist to join the industrial team. This exciting new role will lead the way in defining and developing strategies to pursue continuous improvement alongside our global Packaging Deployment Unit. Acting as a key interface for Industrial, Deploy/Design/Sourcing, Quality & Marketing, you’ll be a subject matter expert on all technology and quality related aspects of packaging.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Develop strategies for Continuous Improvement together with the Packaging Deployment Unit and Continuous Improvement Department , to find new packaging solutions and to improve on existing ones
- Develop, together with Process Technologists, a common strategy for the Professional families development , in order to build up a Core Competence Center as a reference model for the Group as a whole.
- Cooperate with Group Engineering in developing and programming new packaging plants.
- Develop relationships with research centers concerning packaging technologies.
- Ensure a control over the packaging processes stability.
- Ensure the application of features, rules, plans, methods and tools used in the area managed, according to Group policies and standards.
- Ensure the analysis and the intervention to fix problems related to packaging lines.
- Manage and coordinate the on-going problem solving activities for technology related issues experienced within the area managed.
- Contribute, together with Sourcing and Local Purchasing, in the suppliers evaluation process, also taking part into periodical audits.
- Coordinate tests on new production processes and solutions for new materials and packaging. Inform on issues detected, to understand and deepen causes and proposes solutions.
- Ensure a proper documentation of the acquired and built know how, and its availability.
- To be successful in this role you will have previous experience of working in a large scale manufacturing environment in a position where you specialised in packaging ideally in the development and industrialisation of packaging for a wide range of products. You will have experience of working with both new and existing products from a packaging perspective and will have a passion for innovative ways of working as well as embracing new technologies.
Apply for Packaging Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly