Packaging Product Designer
NEW VACANCY! (PK6237)
PACKAGING PRODUCT DESIGNER
Salary depends on experience + 25 days holiday + Bonus 3% (based on company performance) + Health Cash Plan + 4x Life Assurance (from day 1) + Pension Auto Enrolment scheme 5% employee + 3% employer
Our client is a manufacturer and innovator in the design of recycled packaging, holding a leading position within rigid packaging for the food industry. They have many years of experience developing, designing and producing innovative and high-quality packaging. They have a vacancy for a Packaging Product Designer to join their team.
The position is based within a busy design office working Monday to Fridays 8:30am to 5pm. The interview process will involve an initial interview to gauge personality fit and attitudes. With a more in depth, formal second interview to include a task/ brief to interpret to check standards of work, organisation & communication skills.
- Reporting to the Design Manager.
- Translation of brief into 3D CAD models.
- Render new designs to create photo realistic products for presentation purposes
- Use specific design software to generate the finalised presentation for the customer.
- Manage customers providing a design service and a point of contact for customers.
- Research consumer behaviour, retailer trends & buying habits.
- Analyse the research data to present to the Sales management team and work with them to generate ideas for new ranges or concepts.
- Develop conceptual design in cooperation with the Technical Team & NPI
- Compliance with all design manuals relating to the design and function of component parts.
- Work in collaboration with key partners to create a specification of each part.
- Adherence to tight deadlines for design & print work.
- Confident in verbal and written communicating and being in front of customers.
- Level 3 - AS, A Level or BTEC design qualifications, or alternatively we will consider a minimum of 2 years of packaging design industry experience
- Knowledge of SolidWorks is essential for this role
- Knowledge of Keyshot & 3D Printing is desirable
- Time keeping
- Attention to detail