NEW VACANCY! (PK6425)
ACCOUNT MANAGER KENT
Salary up to £30K + Benefits
Our client is a leading packaging manufacturer. The group supplies products to multinational corporations and local market leaders in FMCG industries.
Currently looking for a Kent based Account Manager to operate within a global organisation that provides the resources to support their customer's needs and requirements.
The Account Manager is responsible for managing the defined account portfolio in accordance with the overall strategy of the business. This responsibility includes achieving sales goals, profitability targets and controlling costs within the approved budget in the territory defined by Sales Management and updated on an annual base.
Primary focus of the Account Manager is to:
- Develop strong partnership with local and global customers that include contacts in product development, procurement, R&D and marketing
- Integrate marketing strategies into customers global and regional business plans
- Manage the ongoing prioritization and resourcing of our product and service offerings within clients
- Developing compelling business cases for client opportunities
- Creating excitement with customers such that we are the clear partner of choice
- Manage clients to drive both revenue and contribution margin growth
Key to the business strategy is to become a solutions provider and not just a material supplier. Our client wants customers to look upon them as a resource to enable their success, to become the recognised leader for the industry and the number one choice for the customer when thinking about packaging.
The Account Manager will maximise the awareness within his/her customers to ensure the business is their number one choice. He/She significantly impacts customer perception that the company is their partner, supporting their goals and requirements and finally creating added value to their P&L.
This role will be perfect for someone who is looking to take the next step in their career and already has a minimum of a 5-year track record in customer service and account handling. A passion for sales or a natural selling ability will be beneficial.
You will primarily be based in Kent but able to travel for infrequent overnight stays in the UK and occasionally overseas to meet with clients and to take part in sales meetings.
Packaging experience is not essential for this role but would be advantageous. Our client is looking to develop a talented person who is willing to learn, who is smart and intelligent. The personality fit for this role will be crucial.