Up to £50K + Company Car + Bonus up to 20%
Our Client is a large, market leader in the packaging industry. They have an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager to join their already established Sales Team.
This role is a superb opportunity to be a part of a world-leading packaging services company and to join a busy team.
Please note this role is to focus on 60% Account Management and 40% New Business.
Our client is looking for someone with FMCG experience and Corrugated experience from mainline corrugated plants as well as being experienced with selling on value not price.
What the role entails:
- Account Management and New Business Development are key elements of this role
- You will be responsible for maintaining excellent working relationships with existing customers, delivering an excellent service at all times and ensuring that budgeted sales continue to be achieved and where possible, exceeded
- You will also be responsible for generating new business, building strong, lasting, working relationships with new customers
- Furthermore, you will maintain current knowledge of market trends and product developments in order to produce marketing plans and establish future sales
- Your financial responsibility will include; meeting the annual sales budget targets, margin management of accounts and adding value and profit expectations to new business
- As well as liaising with external customers, you will also build good internal relationships both within the Sales Team, other departments and sites across the company in order to achieve goals and maintain service excellence
- As part of this role, you will also be required to travel on a regular basis to meet with customers and visit other sites
What we expect the candidate to have:
- Excellent territory management skills
- New business development experience, particularly within a packaging environment
- A confident and tenacious approach to all aspects of work
- A good understanding of the packaging process
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Computer literate, with a good understanding of Microsoft Office software
- A willingness and ability to travel as the role dictates