NEW VACANCY! (PK7305)
APPRENTICE WORKSHOP ENGINEER BUCKINGHAMSHIRE
Salary Circa £26K + Pension + 33 Days Holiday
Hours: Mon to Fri 08:30 to 17:30
As part of the solutions department, the Apprentice Workshop Engineer will provide support in capital equipment configuration prior to ordering to ensure the customer experience is flawless. In addition to this the devices to be checked and configured prior to delivery for install.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide 1st class product support and service to the customers.
- Investigate technical issues, warranty failures or in field failures.
- Carry out administrative requirements of the Solutions department.
- Maintaining communications and relationships with fellow colleagues.
- Preparation of equipment prior to dispatch to customer sites.
- Diagnosis, repair, refurbishment and verification of any equipment returned to the workshop for such services.
- Management of the workshop space to ensure a clean and safe working environment.
- Involvement during the ordering process providing advice to colleagues to ensure equipment is ordered correctly.
- Support in finding solutions where modifications are required ensuring sale and clean installation.
- Providing Feedback and reports where needed.
- Make recommendations on operational working practices.
- If required making site visits if needed to attend meetings, site surveys and assist on installations.
- AD-Hoc duties as per request of your Line Manager.
- Planning and Organising
- Organising personal time and resources to meet both deadlines and objectives.
- Able to accept multiple objectives and prioritise accordingly.
- Can take a planned approach whilst being able to incorporate changes.
- Monitors own progress effectively.
- Responds proactively to short term a business needs which may impact on normal role performance.
- Shows particular attention to detail.
Drive for Results
- Works hard to achieve set targets.
- Works hard on a personal level to overcome difficulty in achieving results.
- Keen to improve skills, learn from mistakes and accept constructive feedback.
- Works hard to sustain team performance by encouraging others.
- Actively shares knowledge with the team.
- Builds trust through contact, helpfulness, and consistency of behavior.
- Adheres to company processes, procedures, and accuracy of administration to achieve results for the team.
- Takes personal responsibility for activity that will benefit the team.
Confidence and Assertiveness
- Becomes involved in and contributes to team decisions.
- Offers suggestions to overcome difficulties.
- Remains calm under challenge, with the ability to explain their position when asked.
- Able to assert self positively without disrupting performance.