Area Sales Manager
BEWI is looking to recruit an area sales manager for North of England and Scotland. The role is to support and develop new business with our current customer base, as well as to identify and develop opportunities for new business. This role requires technical and industry knowledge coupled with selling skills to manage and support new and existing customers.
You will be working alongside the Aberdeen site and reporting to the Sales Director
Identifying and winning new business opportunities alongside looking after a portfolio of established accounts as the role is 70% New Business and 30% Existing Business.
Salary: £50,000.00-£55,000.00 per year
Benefits: Company car, company pension, home-based working Monday-Friday
The ideal candidate will understand and have experience of protective packaging including corrugated packaging.
- Win new business customers alongside account management.
- Account management, overseeing customers within a designated territory/customer portfolio.
- Involves the implementation of a robust retention and development plan for the current customer base, and a hands-on approach to winning and developing new customers for the long-term benefit of the business.
- Be the key point of contact for customers and provide both pre and after sales advice.
- Liaise regularly with colleagues from product design, production and quality, as well as senior company managers.
- New business development in line with the company's capabilities
- Achieving annual value and volume budget
- Maintaining a sales pipeline updated on a weekly basis.
- A monthly sales report detailing salient points of customer activity and new business opportunities.
- Experience in a business development, area sales or key account management role in a business supplying protective packaging including corrugated packaging.
- Demonstrative understanding of the key issues of protective packaging performance, the way in which it is measured and trends in the marketplace, including potential future developments.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills with sound industry and competitor understanding.
- Proven sales growth experience within the protective packaging sector.
- Effective communication and presentation skills to work closely with middle and senior management and technical staff.
- Ability to effectively negotiate with clients and position the company as a differentiated product provider.
- Must be target driven and dynamic with a hands-on can-do attitude and a strong drive to succeed.
- Self-driven, adaptable and motivated multi-tasker, with genuine enthusiasm for our customers.
- Excellent communication skills, along with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to be able to implement logical practical solutions.