NEW VACANCY! (PK6521)
BAG / POUCH MAKER - FLEXIBLE PACKAGING (TRAINEE OR EXPERIENCED)
GREATER MANCHESTER / MERSEYSIDE
£Salary dependent on experience + 33% Shift Rate
3 Shifts Rotating - 6am to 2pm Monday to Friday / 2pm to 10pm Monday to Friday / 10pm to 6am Monday to Thursday
Our client is a well-established family owned manufacturer who specialise in flexographic printing, lamination and slitting. They have a current requirement for a Bag / Pouch Machine Maker to operate an Elba Machine.
Key tasks will include; setting up of the machines to maximise efficiency, trouble shoot slitting faults and make any necessary adjustments, input slitting information and reel data into the plant quality assurance system and liaising with other operators to ensure the product meets the customer specification and orders are complete.
The successful candidate must work well as part of a team, have a good standard of communication and interpersonal skills, be able to plan and organise their work with a concern for standards and attention to detail.
Key Skills / Responsibilities;
- To understand the process of setting up and running the machines
- Properly operate machines to run efficiently and produce quality products
- To operate the machinery in a safe working manner in line with all company best practices and procedures
- Maximise the utilisation of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed
- To ensure that the machines and the area surrounding the machine is kept in line with Health and Safety, Hygiene and Housekeeping standards
- Working to tight deadlines
- Self-motivated individual who pays close attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible
- General administration skills
- Excellent communicator to all levels of Managers and Employees
- Able to follow instructions and complete within a given timeline
*Training can be provided