- To technically develop and specify market leading product focussing on packaging delivery. Manage the delivery of quality, innovation, safe, compliant and ethical components.
- To actively contribute in the development and implementation of Beauty NPD strategy.
- Responsibility for the management of FSV and direct suppliers to ensure technical and legal compliance of all packaging.
- Communicate and ensure implementation of best industry practice is followed in all projects within the business unit
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills and confidently work throughout the supply chain as well as internally at head office.
- Deliver the product innovation strategy, from a packaging perspective, driving commercial customer focussed benefit and in line with business unit priorities and legal requirements
- Keep up-to-date with the latest packaging industries trends in materials, components, print and product formats and feed these into NPD / existing product development
- Work with buying team to ensure all suppliers have full understanding of briefs. Delivering clear specifications on product briefs, packaging formats, packaging testing requirement, sustainability legal policies and best practices.
- Develop and approve fit for purpose packaging formats ensuring quality and innovation is embedded into the products.
- Act as an ambassador, promoting packaging innovation and quality internally, to customers, and within the industry.
Experience required :
· Minimum 7 years’ experience in the field of beauty manufacture and/or related packaging (luxury, premium) and print technologies.
· Experience with customer facing carton construction, decoration and sourcing.
· Ability to work independently across multiple projects simultaneous
· Multi tasked orientated working to tight deadlines while maintaining entrepreneurialism
· Excellent communication skills across functions, internally and externally.
· Capable of interpreting customer data to shape future product development strategy.
· Experience of briefing and specifying NPD projects with Buying to create product briefs . Ability to work across varied supply base harnessing strengths and minimising weaknesses