With around 46,000 employees across 35 countries, Smurfit Kappa is one of the leading producers of paper-based packaging in the world, and a publicly listed company in both Dublin and London. Our mission is to deliver customer satisfaction, personal development for employees, respect for the local community and environment and great shareholder value, all through its highly entrepreneurial culture.
Our site in Aldershot currently has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager. Reporting to the Sales Manager and responsible for contributing to the site’s sales development through building strong customer relationships, this role presents an ideal opportunity for a driven individual with a successful track record of nurturing and winning new business to join a progressive organisation.
The role will be responsible for developing and maintaining customer contact plan and cultivating a significant understanding of customers' business models, processes and work to ensure the client becomes and remains a key business partner.
The successful candidate will prioritise contact activity based on existing value and potential new business and close new business deals with robust value propositions; it is anticipated that 25% of the role will focus on existing business with 75% on new business generation.
- Primary focus of new business development will be selling corrugated packaging solutions supplied by our client, identifying and winning new business prospects.
- Support sales team in managing and developing existing customer base in the South region.
- To create your own pipeline of potential new clients and generating new business at levels acceptable to the business.
- To complete reports, such as visit reports, pipeline reports, sales projections etc.
- Continuously collect up to date data on potential new customer accounts.
- Transfer the client’s sales strategy into operational plans for developing new Accounts.
- Establish and develop relationships with new business prospects.
- Lead contract negotiations.
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Driven, positive and enthusiastic outlook in both the role and the approach to account management and business development.
- Experience in sales analysis, CRM, assessing clients businesses in helping take cost out and adding value (desirable)
- Experience in selling corrugated packaging solutions (desirable)
- Demonstrable success in identifying, approaching and winning new business at commercially acceptable levels to the business.
- Personable and an excellent relationship builder
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiating skills
- Proven ability to demonstrate good commercial acumen
- Competitive by nature
- Self-motivated and ambitious
- Highly Driven to succeed
- Computer literate
- Have a ‘can do’ and flexible attitude
- Must be flexible to working hours and location
- Hold a valid UK driving licence
In exchange, you will receive a competitive salary including performance related bonus and a company car as well as having access to excellent training and development opportunities.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join our client’s team, please follow the link below and follow the on-line application process.
Closing date: 6th April 2020