NEW VACANCY! (PK6394)
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - BARRIER PLASTIC PACKAGING
UK BASED ROLE
Salary up to £40K depending on skills & experience + Car / Car Allowance + Company Pension Scheme + Private Healthcare + Performance Related Bonus + Life Insurance
Our client offers an unrivalled level of service and support in plastic packaging to a variety of markets from food through to agrochemical with the simple philosophy to deliver added value to all customers through superior service levels.
The main purpose of the role will be to use a structured approach to take the product range of high-performance barrier plastic packaging into yet fully developed markets. This is a national role and ideally a candidate based south of Birmingham would be advantageous but is not essential.
Experience of a manufacturing environment preferably food, chemical or FMCG background would be highly beneficial.
- To explore new markets in which the company can diversify and open up untapped market potential.
- Managing a defined customer base, with full budgetary responsibility for Value/Volume/Margin/Debtors etc. and looking to diversify into new markets.
- Researching new businesses through IT mediums and social media etc to identify products used and the opportunities the company may have to offer our product as a better alternative.
- To conduct Market surveys where necessary and acquire and maintain a thorough knowledge of the relevant market sectors to identify and exploit business opportunities.
- To advise on potential new customer base and discuss with Head of Sales providing relevant information to progress to the next step.
- To have an understanding of solution selling and use this to the advantage of the business in order to offer and persuade potential new customers.
- To be proactive in the search for new business and ensure that communication is paramount between Head of Sales, Management Teams and yourself.
- Assist in developing new sales relationships to increase sales volume and maximise profitability.
- Provide detailed market analysis (including competitor activity and market trends) to support strategic business development.
- Proactively always promote the business and its products in a professional manner.
- Degree or equivalent (graduate calibre) - preferably Sales & Marketing or Business.
- 2+ years' experience in a similar sales role.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE:
- Strong solution selling background and account management skills.
- Communication/presentation skills.
- Market assessment techniques.
- Project management
- Ability to manipulate relevant social media and the internet in general as a business tool.
- Commercial awareness.
- PC skills (include. Power point/excel).
- Numerical /Verbal reasoning skills.
- Full driving licence