BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
NORTH OF ENGLAND
Up to £55K + Company Car + Bonus up to 20% + Excellent Benefits
Our Client is a large, market leader in the corrugated packaging industry. They are seeking a Business Development Manager to join the already established Northern Sector Sales Team.
New Business Development and Account Management are key elements of this role. You will be responsible for maintaining excellent working relationships with existing customers, delivering an excellent service at all times and ensuring that budgeted sales continue to be achieved and where possible, exceeded. You will also be responsible for generating new business, building strong, lasting, working relationships with new customers.
This role is 60% New Business and 40% Account Management!
Our client is looking for candidates who have a background in Corrugated Packaging, ideally speciality experience.
What the role will entail:
- You will report directly to the Sales Manager
- You will maintain current knowledge of market trends and product developments in order to produce marketing plans and establish future sales. Your financial responsibility will include; meeting the annual sales budget targets, margin management of accounts and adding value and profit expectations to new business
- As well as liaising with external customers, you will also build good internal relationships both within the Sales Team, other departments and sites across the company in order to achieve goals and maintain service excellence
- As part of this role, you will also be required to travel on a regular basis to meet with customers and visit other sites
The chosen candidate will have the following:
- Excellent territory management skills
- New business development experience, particularly within a packaging environment
- A confident and tenacious approach to all aspects of work
- A good understanding of the packaging process
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent numeracy & literacy skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Computer literate, with a good understanding of Microsoft Office software
- A willingness and ability to travel as the role dictates (Driving Licence)
This role is a superb opportunity to be a part of a world-leading packaging services company and to join this busy team.