BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - FOOD SERVICE
TERRITORY - CUMBRIA / PENRITH
£25K - £30K + OTE + Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Private Healthcare + Childcare Vouchers + Personal Accident Scheme + Employee Discount + Company Car
Our Client is a foodservice wholesaler supplying fresh, frozen, ambient and non-food related products within the foodservice and catering industries.
The purpose of this role is to work solely on new business potential identified from a robust pipeline creating additional customers within the distribution area from the depot.
They are looking for someone who has demonstrable working knowledge of the foodservice industry and marketplace, proven experience working with customers and is innovative and creative in solving problems and meeting the needs of the customers in this sector.
The role will be split between 50% targeting new business and 50% managing existing accounts (atleast £1million).
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- In this role you will understand Market Trends within the sectors and work with the insights information and team to make sure that the range evolves with the customer needs and demands.
- Marketing is key with the larger customers as a point of difference, you will need to work closely with the Marketing Department on tender details, promotional activity and dedicated marketing material e.g. menu planning, range reviews.
- Financial reviews of customer margins is key within this role and to make sure we enjoy the level of margin and increase all year round, there will be a close working relationship with their business analysts.
- You'll have the ability to develop and communicate sound commercial arguments, demonstrated by their strong understanding of the business, and have a thorough understanding of the cost drive and their impact on both Bidfood and the specific customer needs.
- To succeed in this role you will be decisive, assertive and persuasive combined with excellent presentation and strong communication skills and be able to communicate at all levels, both within Bidfood and the customer.
- You will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook and have excellent numeracy, verbal and written communication skills.
- A full driving licence is a prerequisite as there will be a requirement for travel throughout the country at different times, plus overnight stays as and when required.
£25K - £30K + OTE
0161 486 3104