NEW VACANCY (PK6353)
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - GENERAL PACKAGING
£28K - £45K + 20 Days Holiday (increases 1 per year for 5 years) including Bank Holidays + Lunch + Car + Bonus + Statutory Pension + Monthly Rewards
Territory: NG, DE, LE, CV, B & WS.
Our Client provides trusted, customised, packaging supply solutions to their clients, they sell into a broad range of manufacturers and distributors with corrugated packaging (35%), tapes (15%), pallet wrap (15%), polythene (10%), labels, wrapping, void fill (25%), etc.
Our client is currently looking to recruit a Business Development Manager. This is a dynamic role working within a sales team. Developing the sales of packaging consumable products to medium-large companies across various sectors within the geographical postcode area, NG, DE, LE, CV, B & WS. Working within the team to maximise sales volume to key customers and to win new business.
The role is 70% field based and 30% office based.
Ongoing Sales Training will be delivered in-house. In depth experience of B2B customer service, sales and sales development is a requirement. Pass results in GCSE and A-Level is a requirement. The BDM will be expected to understand all areas of business whether by experience or training. Prior training in business, accountancy, management accounting, negotiation, sales and customer service is an advantage.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Strong communication skills to communicate, present, assert and speak to all the different stakeholders involved. Ability to cold call prospects with confidence to gain new clients
- Collaboration Skills: Collaborate with multiple parties from inside and outside the company. Build relationships, influence, manage conflicts and navigate through office politics to get things done.
- Negotiation & Persuasion skills: Tactful and diplomatic always. Achieving set goals by knowing when to compromise and when to take a stand. Persuade prospects to do what needs to be done, win their hearts, minds, and trust.
- Project Management Skills: Set goals, plan and manage projects, manage the risks involved, calculate budgets, cost, time and teams working on ongoing projects
- Research & Strategy: Strong research and strategic analysis skills enabling continual benchmarking of the competition to keep ahead
- Computer Skills: High competency working with Microsoft Office and CRM
- Business Intelligence: Detailed understanding of the packaging products, equipment and systems offered in comparison to those offered by the competition. Ability to conduct the necessary market analysis needed to identify the company´s current position and analysis of what competitive advantage the company has over the similar businesses in the sector. Capacity to be always hungry for knowledge, staying up to date with latest economic issues in the industry.
- Area Sales Reporting: Monthly reporting on sales performance versus budget for area
- Setting Customer Budgets: Using historical spend and knowledge of customer to set future sales budgets
- Review and Analyse Results v Targets: Regular review and analysis of sales data to track progress against targets with a view to action planning
- Strategic Customer Visits: Strategic customer visits to develop sales volume and profitability
- Customer and Prospect Visits: Maximising opportunity to gain face to face time with customers and prospects
- Collaborate on Special Projects: Scoping out and validating customer requirements. Gathering ideas, creating specification, liaising with specials team and evaluating costings
- Strategise: With in-depth spherical knowledge of the customer / prospect, set strategies / proposals for sales growth
- Control the Sales Pipeline: Ongoing maintenance of the sales pipeline. Updating the status and providing strategic help and advice on next actions
- Review customer satisfaction rating: Monitor customer queries and complaints. Work with other teams to overcome difficulties
- Develop DFSM Stocking Arrangements: Put together business case and keep close to Call-Off contracts and Free Stock arrangements. Review and adjust ongoing to optimise levels
- Review and follow up on CRM records: Keep close to the details of interaction with customers by internal staff. Follow up on actions.
- Pricing: Set pricing strategy for sales enquiries, customer development and winning prospects
- Presenting: Creating and Presenting sales proposals that match requirements of customers and prospects