NEW VACANCY! (PK7382)
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
MIDLANDS / NORTH
Salary Competitive + Car + Pension + Bonus Structure
Our Client is designing and manufacturing glass containers, leading the way in terms of quality, flexibility and innovation. Offering high levels of service working in partnership with customers across diverse sectors mainly in the Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical markets. Customers range from contract fillers who supply well-known brands, to niche artisan producers who benefit from their flexibility in run size and service.
They have an exciting and rare opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic Business Development Manager for full cycle commercial sales development, from enquiry through to delivery.
Responsible for generating new opportunities across all sectors in line with business strategy. Ability to create and seize opportunities is a must! By joining the sales team we are looking for someone who really wants to make a difference.
- Visiting potential targets with aim of gaining new business
- Route planning to maximise time efficiency
- Utilise sources like trade press, exhibitions, Google alerts, website enquiries and networking events
- Representing the organisation at trade / industry body meetings, events and exhibitions
- Follow up all new leads from website and new business desk
- Negotiate agreements / contract and prepare documentation
- Progress to initial order and develop into full Account
- Research target sectors/ emerging markets to maximise opportunities, build awareness/ reputation and gain market entry.
- Identify PR and Social Media opportunities and communicating this to the PR agency.
- Identify opportunities to add value through embossing / decoration and outsourcing.
- Keep CRM system up to date with information (eg. correspondence, activity tracker on all new projects etc)
- Encouraging potential targets to visit and see the process
- Monthly visibility on the factory floor
Knowledge / Skills:
- At least 3 years commercial experience of Sales Environment within a manufacturing setting
- Experience of dealing with customers, in a fast paced sales environment.
- General business 'working' knowledge
- Motivated and professional with a desire to achieve results to increase profitability and sales revenue
- Project Management
- Excellent communication (telephone) and written skills (Good numeracy/literacy)
- Negotiation skills/Confidence/Listening skills/problem solving skills/interpersonal
- PC literate
- Glass industry experience (desirable)
- Ideally Business qualification - GCSE-O-Level/A-Level Business studies/HNC Business or other relevant business qualifications (which proves a level of attainment)
- Ability to prioritise and delegate
- Self-resilient and capable of making difficult decisions