NEW VACANCY! (PK6839)
BDM- INDUSTRIAL CANISTERS M62 CORRIDOR & SURROUNDING AREA
£40-42K + Bonus + Car or Allowance + Private Pension + Private Healthcare after probation period.
Our Client is a market leader in the design, manufacture and supply of HDPE plastic containers for a diverse range of markets to include Industrial, Chemical, Automotive & Food.
They are currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager to develop and maximise sales with particular emphasis on new business opportunities for Small, Medium and Large Stackable Container range, responsible for a number of existing canister accounts.
- Direct selling in line with strategy and changing targets
- Personally manage gained accounts and actively hunt for new business opportunities
- Maintain direct margin in line with business strategy
- Completion of internal management documentation including debtor control and management of consumable stock holdings (labels/pallets/cages)
- To develop and negotiate new contract and order opportunities within agreed range
- Budget annually and forecast monthly
- Regularly report on sales development - internally and to customers.
- Participate in development of marketing strategy
- Contribute to build up of market intelligence - both UK and pan European
- Knowledge and awareness of all commercial aspects of the business
- To contribute to continuous improvement initiatives across the business
- To comply with all company rules, regulations and procedures at all times and promote the company and good working practices
- Proven sales experience
- Customer development ability and understanding of market place
- Strong commercial and financial awareness
- Excellent organisational, communication and negotiation skills
- Proven experience of involvement in continuous improvement initiatives to identify business improvements
- Computer literate
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timescales.
- Experience of the industrial packaging and/or plastics industry preferred
- Energy, confidence and self-motivation are paramount to succeed in this demanding role