NEW VACANCY (PK7147)
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - PLAIN & PRINTED PACKAGING
ANY UK LOCATION
Expected £50K + Commission + 5 Weeks Holiday + Pension + Company Car + Laptop + Mobile Phone
Our Client is a privately owned packaging company, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join their UK based team, they have a requirement for a New Business Development Manager to focus on the packaging sector. Their expanding customer base includes major supermarket groups and multi-national food manufacturers, as well as a broad range of food service, industrial and fresh produce companies.
Our client is looking for someone with, talent for communication and a proven track record of winning significant new business and relationship driven business gains. The right candidate will have a strong sales mentality, who is collaborative both internally and externally, can be innovative in their approach to the role, demonstrates a high degree of attention to detail in a fast moving, pressured environment and self-motivated who can display a strong affinity with their customers.
The primary responsibility for the Business Development Manager is to drive sustainable, financial growth by winning new business and forging strong relationships with clients all whilst building a healthy pipeline for future business. The role involves overseeing daily sales activity, meeting with clients and promoting packaging solutions where they are needed in order to grow their market share in the UK. You will work closely with suppliers, sourcing and building their existing portfolio of products and solutions.
Ideally, you will have a good knowledge of the UK packaging marketplace with a strong understanding of packaging solutions, ideally within packaging or labelling for fresh food markets, although this is not essential for a quick learner with the right attitude.
Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Present the developed Packaging Solutions to customers and visualise the value they create, ensuring that customers perceive the company as the leading Packaging Strategist
- Continuously evaluate how new packaging solutions perform and ensure that they meet the requirements and demands of customers.
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Arrange business meetings with existing and prospective clients
- Exploring and utilising insights from the customer supply chains to highlight opportunities, risks and demands
- Promote the company's products/services addressing or predicting clients' needs
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status based upon company overall strategy
- Create tactics and strategies for developing business to achieve the set sales goals
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales pipeline
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support
- Assist with the design and implement a strategic business plan that expands the company's customer base and ensures a strong presence
- Handle customer calls and email requests and send sales information to customers (e.g. lead times, product descriptions).
- Oversee and validate any large sales opportunities
- Monitor the leads record and ensure there is a plan and there are actions taken against every sales opportunity
- Report on company performance, sales plans and activities
- Experience of CRM system - Salesforce or any other