NEW VACANCY (PK6301)
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
SCOTLAND & REPUBLIC OF IRELAND
Salary £45 to £60K depending on experience + Company Car + Medical Insurance + Pension + Other Benefits
Our client is an independently owned business providing high quality packaging solutions to the UK alcoholic drinks industry. A position has arisen for a Scotland or Northern Ireland based salesperson with a proven track record in sales to the premium drinks and premium foods sector.
The Role: To enable the Company to build & maintain strong stable and long-lasting relationships of value with Customers, by understanding their needs and how to best serve them. Working collaboratively with the Commercial Director and colleagues to develop a strategic growth plan, which recognises Customer and Market trends, and seeks to protects and serve Customers and their brands.
The job holder will deliver this by owning and achieving / exceeding their annual sales and retention targets within the assigned territories of Scotland and Éire, via the generation of opportunities which add value. You will have a high degree of autonomy in managing the Customer base, in line with the Customer Spend Profile, growth and retention.
- Provide value to the Business' ambitions for growth
- Main point of contact for our Key Customers within the assigned territory
- Significant face-to-face contact will be required with Customers and supply chain partners
- Be a credible advocate for the Company with the Customers and supply chain partners
- The post holder will be a source of advice and recommendations for standard and for bespoke products and will work collaboratively with colleagues to access their expertise as and when required.
- Be responsible for providing the Company with detailed market, customer and supply chain intelligence, covering demand and requirements, pricing plans and competitor activity and pricing.
- The need to understand Customer production data and translate that into future order projections and feed into strategic planning and day to day materials planning to ensure continuity of supply.
- Frequent, day to day communications, both written and spoken.
- Based from home with visits to Customers and Company offices.
- Occasional requirement to visit supply chain partner organisations in Europe.
- Good knowledge of the FMCG manufacturing industry, preferably within food & drink packaging
- Good knowledge of product development process, including lead times
- Strong Customer focus
- Attention to detail and excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Project Management skills, especially working to deadlines within existing lead times
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Office suite products
- To have previously worked in a similar role