NEW VACANCY (PK6210)
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - RIGID PACKAGING
ANY UK LOCATION
Salary £35K - circa 50K (based on market & product experience) + Commission + Pension + Company Car
Our Client is a Global Packaging Group operating with their primary markets in the UK within Premium Drinks; Beers, Wines & Spirits, Fragrances; Home & Personal Care, Food; Oils, Sauces, Condiments, Dressings, Jams, Chutneys and Preserved Goods sectors. Due to continued growth and investment they now require an additional Salesperson in the UK to focus on development of sales in line with global business strategy.
The main focus of the role will be to sell the companies full range of products from primary rigid packaging in a range of materials, closures and tamper evident seals and associated machinery for labelling, bottling, capping and closure applications.
The role will be home based in the UK with territory and target markets to be agreed according to candidates' specific skills. You will be allocated key accounts after a successful probation period with new business development as the fundamental core requirement.
The ideal candidate will have relevant aligned packaging experience (full product training will be offered). You will be a successful door opener, negotiator and closer ideally within target markets. You will be accustomed to operating at a senior level and be able to work autonomously.
- Identify and develop designated accounts/ targets to increase profitability and sales revenue
- Listening to customer requirements and presenting appropriately to make a sale
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers in person, and via telephone calls and emails
- Arranging meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business
- Acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential markets
- Negotiating the terms of an agreement and closing sales
- Gathering market and customer information
- Representing the organisation at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
- Negotiating on price and costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers
- Challenging any objections with a view to getting the customer to buy
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions
- Liaising with suppliers to check the progress of existing orders
- Recording sales and order information and sending copies to the sales office
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets
Commission + Pension + Company Car
0161 485 8888