Smurfit Kappa is a world leader in packaging, employing over 45,000 employees in 21 countries in Europe and 13 in the Americas. The group collaborates with forward thinking customers by sharing superior product knowledge, market understanding and insights into packaging trends to ensure business success in their markets. We have an unrivalled portfolio of paper-based packaging solutions which is constantly updated with market-leading innovations.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Manager to join our external sales team in Diss, Norfolk - reporting to the Sales Director. This is an opportunity for a proactive and driven individual to focus on developing new business opportunities and sales for the Diss Site across the South East of the UK, as well as looking after some of the business’s key accounts.
To be successful for this field role, candidates will ideally meet all or most of the following requirements:
- Strong track record in gaining customer insights to convert new business and product opportunities into profitable sales whilst building long term relationships.
- Confident and articulate individual who demonstrates personal drive and focus, sound commercial acumen and excellent customer relationship building skills
- Naturally analytical and inquisitive to identify market trends and new sales opportunities
- Knowledge of the corrugated industry would be useful as well as B2B field sales experience with trade customers such as resellers and distributors.
- Candidates will ideally be based in the South East region.
- A full driving licence will be required and an ability to travel daily (with an occasional overnight stay if required).
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Work in an energetic, dynamic and fast-paced environment with a global organisation
- Company car
- Laptop and mobile
- 33 total days holiday per year
- Workplace pension
- Excellent training and development opportunities