NEW VACANCY - PK6320
CAD OPERATOR / TRAINEE CAD OPERATOR
COMMUTABLE FROM Hertfordshire Bedfordshire, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, Milton Keynes etc
£Genuinely Flexible Depending on Skill Set + 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Pension
Our Client is a well-established printed packaging manufacturer supplying into a wide range of market sectors in the UK
They are currently looking to recruit a CAD Operator to join their team. Our client uses: ESKO Artios CAD, Packedge and Artpro so experience using these software's would be of an advantage.
PLEASE NOTE MY CLIENT WILL ALSO CONSIDER A TRAINEE CANDIDATE LOOKING TO MOVE INTO A CAD DESIGN ROLE
Responsibilities will include:
Primary CAD Role:
- Liaising with sales and clients to Create new designs within Artios CAD.
- Producing samples for sales team.
- Working with production to ensure on time delivery of Dies/Plates /Inks etc.
- Creating and purchasing cutting formes.
- Creating new and amending customer artworks to key lines
- The role will also give the successful applicant the opportunity of training as a Repro Operator (see below).
- Artwork is usually customer supplied for all the print jobs they do; however, it is not all print ready!
- Preflighting, addition of printer's marks, colour bars etc. and step and repeat with possible rotation to create a sheet layout imported from Artios CAD.
- Responsible for ripping the file and outputting to their plate setter.
- Deal with artwork queries on receipt of the file and sending the digital proof out for approval.