NEW VACANCY! (PK6837)
CASEMAKER - CORRUGATED PACKAGING
NORTH WEST - (Please contact me for further location details)
£Circa £23K (Flexible Depending on Experience) + 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Working Hours: Rotating Shifts - 2 shift patterns 6am - 2pm / 2pm - 10pm
Our client is a well established manufacturer of corrugated packaging solutions based in the North West. They supply conventional corrugated packaging into a variety of market sectors including food (company is BRC accredited) They specialise in quality products and exceptional customer service.
They are currently looking to recruit a Casemaker Operator to join their team. You will manage and control a production machine line or production related task ensuring optimum use of available resources, this includes operation of machines and also management of machines, manpower, materials and working practices to safely maximise production efficiency.
You will be responsible for crew members on your production machine line or within your production related area, working as part of the crew.
- Ensure the safety of crew members, the production machine line or production related area and the adherence to company Health & Safety procedures by all members of your crew.
- Immediate reporting of any Health & Safety non-conformance, in the first instance to your Supervisor / Management.
- Ensure the company and customer quality standards are met, liaising with QA personnel as necessary.
- Ensure that the crew is properly supervised, that they are fully occupied and competent to carry out tasks, where appropriate by use of best practice methods.
- Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Ensure that production efficiencies are maximised.
- Ensure that the machine production line / production area is clean at the start and end of each shift.
- Ensure that maintenance and cleaning tasks are carried out correctly and in line with the planned maintenance schedule.
- Ensure that the correct documentation, equipment, supplied and / or tolling are available at the commencement of each job or task.
- Ensure that all appropriate documentation is filled out correctly and waste and downtime is minimised.
- Improvements relating to Health & Saftey (i.e. Safety systems of Work, Risk Assessments, Safety Inspections and Audits).
- Improvement initiatives relating to Operating Procedures, Performance Improvement, Training and Customer Service etc.
- Be responsible for all areas relating to your machine production line or production related areas.
- Daily contact and direction of crew and supervisors.
- Daily communication/liaison with production services, planning and engineering (maintenance and breakdowns)
- Minimum or 2 years or more machine operational experience, or manufacturing NVQ at Level 2 or above.
- An equivalent standard to GCSE Level D or above.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Basic computer skills, able to demonstrate high personal, professional standards