NEW VACANCY (PK6725)
CATEGORY BUYER - PACKAGING
£OPEN + 20 Days Holiday + Lunch Provided + On-site parking
Monday to Friday, 8am to 4:30pm
Our Client provides trusted, customised, packaging supply solutions to their clients, they sell into a broad range of manufacturers and distributors with corrugated packaging (35%), tapes (15%), pallet wrap (15%), polythene (10%), labels, wrapping, void fill (25%), etc.
Our client is currently looking to recruit a Category Buyer to join their team.Working within the Purchasing Team, with a particular focus on the product category of Corrugated, Solid Board and Paper based products.
A form of Remote Working could be considered for the right candidate.
- Buying -Working with data (excel, ERP, Crystal) to make informed buying decisions.
- Process requisitions and follow through to ensure timely delivery.
- Stock replenishment - Monitor all available data to ensure that product is available at the right time and that appropriate levels of stock are held.
- Work closely with customer service and sales teams to ensure best possible predictions support buying and production allocation.
- Cost Negotiation - Negotiating price with suppliers at home and abroad to secure the best deal without compromising on performance or delivery.
- Sourcing - Working with supplier base to ensure best supply partner for each enquiry.
- Research and develop potential new suppliers.
- Selecting and setting up new products
- Preparing the required information for 'New Product Setup' process.
- Reviewing Slow Moving Products
- Reviewing slow moving lines, updating relevant team to ensure stock is turned over.
- Communicating with the Customer Service and Sales Team Feeding back information relevant to enquiries in a timely manner.
- Working with Suppliers - Foster strong supplier relationships. Providing feedback on pricing, lead times, quality etc.
- Stock Turnover, Cost reduction, Supplier Non-Conformances, Stock availability.
- Business negotiation and sharp commercial acumen.
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills.
- Microsoft Office programs including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Basic practical understanding of packaging products, systems and equipment is required.
The Company / Company Values:
- The work environment is maintained to a high standard.
- Areas for break out and career development study is provided for in comfortable separate environment.
- Over and above the basic rate of pay is sales related bonus, statutory pension, monthly rewards for reaching targets and 'My Service Promise' rewards.
- Further training may be provided in required competencies.
- Experience in B2B customer service and a track record of sales growth is a valuable advantage.
- Pass results in GCSE and A- Level and further educational activity is a requirement.
- Once the company commits, they follow through and are not afraid to review, adjust and re-commit when the unexpected happens.
- Are open and available to learning
- Strive to build trust by being trustworthy.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Have a passion for work because they believe it makes a difference.
- Humbled by the greatness of Teamwork.
- Looking good and feeling good about oneself is self-perpetuating, they take care of their appearance by dressing neatly and maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene in accordance with the dress code
- They act in a dignified way; are cheerful, positive, professional, courteous, respectful and attentive.