NEW VACANCY! (PK6932)
COATING OPERATOR WESTERN SCOTLAND
Salary & Benefits dependant on experience
Shifts 4 x 10 hrs Monday to Thursday
Our client manufacturers labels / pressure sensitive materials and overlays, brand identification and protection products and other custom engineered components. They have a requirement for a Coating Operator ( ideally with some print experience too) to work within the team in a coating, mixing and QA environment, to meet and exceed all job requirements and to carry out all current and future duties in a positive, safe and responsible manner.
- Safety Awareness and correct use of PPE.
- Trained on all aspects of running the coater, mixing equipment and QA testing apparatus.
- Material identification and interpreting processing documentation.
- Loading and unloading materials safely to and from the machine
- Machine setting using the details contained within the work instructions for each job.
- Give 100% inspection for defects while running.
- Basic mix handling, required to prepare mixes for the coater.
- Accurate data input into our ERP systems
- Maintain stock levels all consumables at the coater.
- Operation of Fork Lift Trucks
- Ensure any mix preparation such as pre stirring and viscosity before coating is done by one of the Team members.
- Support your Team with roll changes and any other downtimes.
- Cover tea breaks, training, absenteeism and any other requirements.
- Being part of a Production Team producing High Quality Products to the highest possible standard as per Job Specifications, while working within a Team where continuous improvements in Quality and Efficiency are the norm, Satisfying the Customer while working in a safe manner are the main goals.
- Continual learning all aspects of the process including, reading job cards, and loading the materials onto the machine, updating the computer system and inspection the quality of the product while running.
- To test sample product off the machine for Quality Assurance, performing various tests on various products in accordance with the product specifications, and reporting back to the coating operators all relevant test results, also recording and filing all test results as per specification.
- Previous experience in a high volume manufacturing environment is desired
- A record of achieving targets set including quality, waste and efficiency
- Good attention to detail and naturally follows processes and procedures exactly
- Able to demonstrate making continuous improvement in similar roles, preferably within a Company considered to be best in class
- Knowledge of implementing problem solving techniques / quality tools
- Team player who has a flexible approach within the team
- Demonstrates good standards of housekeeping and work area disciplines
- Computer literate and able to transact data accurately
- Counter Balance & Reach Fork Lift Truck License, preferred, but training would be given to the right candidate.