This is a great opportunity for a structural designer with a distinct passion for packaging to join a corrugated packaging solutions innovator which provides superior customer service through personal relationships and unique products. They have earned an excellent reputation for quality, service and creativity. Committed to quality at every level, they stand strongly behind all policies and procedures, and provide ongoing training to team members to ensure the highest standard is maintained.
Your role will be to work alongside some top brands and be responsible for the following in order to design the structural aspect of their product packaging:
• Interpret creative briefs from customers, sales and design management to develop creative, trend-forward solutions.
• Adapt designs within the product line, following and maintaining existing brand and style guidelines.
• Create 3D renderings of packaging concepts for customer presentations; create packaging prototypes.
• Accurately prepare and pre-flight final artwork files to submit to printers and certify that files contain all required elements.
• Create final packaging art files for printing purposes and certify that files meet printing specs.
• Maintain a clear organisation of ongoing projects involving a multitude of components and revisions in a fast-paced environment.
With structural packaging design experience in the corrugated packaging industry, you will have a comprehensive knowledge of concept development, design and all phases of production. We are looking for candidates with a demonstrated understanding of die-lines (capable of executing modifications, scaling, and adaptations), structural configuration and 3D forms, and experience with visual identity, branding guidelines, compliance, and design systems for packaging. Technical aptitude with the ability to prepare, package, and pre-flight files for production purposes and proven experience proofreading artwork mechanics and printer’s proofs will also be key to this role, as will strong layout skills and design sensibilities with solid understanding of typography, layout and brand identity principles.
Harrison Scott is the largest recruitment company in the UK in print, packaging and paper. For access to exclusive vacancies, visit our website: www.harrison-scott.com
£28-35k basic + benefits