Country Sales Manager
Home based: France
Job ref: CST/50835
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience
Our client is an international packaging group serving customers through a distribution network and direct approach. It manufactures a comprehensive range of plastic and paper based packaging solutions to industrial and e-commerce businesses. Sustainability is at the forefront of its business vision and it has ambitious sales targets to double the growth of its French subsidiary from €15M to €30M. The role of Country Manager has been created to deliver this ambition by developing the strategy, targeting the right level of customers, selecting the right route to market, managing the sales entity (8 people) and selling the vision both internally and externally.
· Manage, lead, develop and support the French sales team. Build and maintain a positive and proactive culture with strong performance based team ethic.
· Set goals, assess performance and provide continuous professional training and teamwork.
· Ensure the sales team provides the necessary coverage of the French market and is adequately resourced.
· Work closely with the parent group to ensure the company’s profitability grows in line with annual and longer term (5 year) plans. Manage and control the Sales Team budgets.
· Collect and communicate with Head Office about market trends, customer needs and competition in France.
· Put in place account plans and contract templates to maximize profitable business opportunities.
· Commercial Studies (Business Administration Or Equivalent)
· Commercial Training with Relevant Professional Experience
· Technical Studies (Industrial Engineering or Equivalent)
· Technical Education With Commercial Additional Qualification
· Several years’ leadership / senior management experience in a plastics, packaging, chemical, logistics or related business sector that sells through a combination of distribution and direct sales. Value selling approach is essential.
· Worked for an organization that has good sales systems and be able to introduce these structures into a business that needs to change its approach to achieve objectives. Know how a successful sales operation functions.
· Experienced at implementing sales strategies.
· Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in managing, growing and developing a business subsidiary that is focused on solution selling.
· Proven experience with demonstrable leadership skills in building a motivated and effective sales team driven by a ‘hunter’ mentality.
· Experience in negotiation of prices and conditions, ideally, annual contracts or framework agreements.
· Strong financial acumen with regards to margin/profitability analysis and value proposition.
· Good knowledge of the French market.
· Sound knowledge of CRM.
· Strong sales/commercial acumen
· Based in France
· Fluent in English and French language
· Good strategic qualities – can see bigger picture and present future vision
· Conceptual and analytical skills
· Energy, drive and enthusiasm
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Good relationship and team builder
· Effective leader
· Ability to act independently as well as with a team focus
· Confident in decision making and implementing actions
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong customer focus
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Düsseldorf, Göteborg,
Lyon, Milan, Shanghai, and Washington.
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – RECYCLING
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713