NEW VACANCY! (PK6337)
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER
Commutable Areas: Shropshire, Powys, parts of North Wales, West Midlands & Cheshire
Salary £45-55K + 2 months bonus potential + private medical cover + 33 days annual leave per year + 3 x Death In Service + Company pension contribution of 6%
Our client is a family-owned International Group specialising in premium quality packaging, with an established position as a market leader in the UK and across Europe through continued investment in manufacturing capability, new product development, quality excellence, and the creation of an unprecedented service culture.
They are currently looking to recruit a Customer Service Manager to enable the best service levels for all customers by effectively translating their requirements, concerns and issues into policy and process, whilst ensuring that all activities contribute to the budgeted operational performance.
- Responsible for leading a Customer Service team that builds open, trusting and professional relationships with key customer contacts and working in a cross functional manner with the internal teams.
- Measuring and reporting on company performance through KPI's, other metrics and targets ensuring performance against SLA's for each customer are met.
- Implement strong corrective actions when service levels are not to the required standard.
- Manage, coach and develop internal sales team members
- Continuously develop, use and improve best practices within the team
- Create framework for the Plant sales team to proactively approach customers to generate revenue
- Drive implementation of sales plans
- Establish solid communication and coordination between external and internal sales
- Supporting delivery according to quality, OTIF and costs by actively participating in the S&OP process
- Closely and effectively communicate and cooperate with Plant Management and across the wider group organisation
- Proactively monitor volumes, price, working capital and cost dimensions
- Provide feedback and guidance to Sales Management
- Support negotiation process with key customers, including tender management in collaboration with Sales Management
Required / Beneficial Key Skills:
- Proven track record in the packaging industry
- Self-driven, enthusiastic and result-oriented, with attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Shows initiative and demonstrates dynamic thinking
- A flexible and empathic attitude
- Managing teams
- SAP experience
- Packaging knowledge/experience
- General supply chain knowledge/appreciation/experience
- Operations awareness (e.g. LEAN green belt)
- Price & Contract Negotiation skills