NEW VACANCY (PK6053)
CUT & CREASE MACHINE OPERATOR South Wales
(Please contact me for further details)
Current rate for C/C operators is £12.087 p/hr @ 36 hrs/pw = £22,626.86 - potentially some flexibility for the right candidate) + 30 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays
Hours of Work - Monday to Friday, Day Shift
36hrs - 7am to 3.15pm, Monday to Thursday and 7am till 12pm, Friday
Our client is a privately owned folding carton manufacturer based in the South Wales, supplying to a range of markets including confectionary and pharmaceutical. They cover all carton styles including Crashlock, Snaplock, 4 Corner, 6 Corner, Counter Display and Shelf Ready Packaging (to name a few). They manufacture cartons for some of the UK's largest brands in solid board, foil, corrugated and plastic substrates and have been established for over 75 years.
They are currently looking to recruit a Cut & Crease Machine Operator to join their production team.
The ideal candidate will be a fully trained and capable machine operator with experience operating Cut and Crease Machinery. Previous experience of setting Pre-Makeready Pin Stripping Chases and Operating Iberica Die-cutting Machinery with inline stripping units (or similar) would be advantageous.
KEY POINTS TO CONSIDER!!
- Appreciate highest salary however, a work / life balance also has to be considered by whoever takes on the role:
- No shifts just a 36 hour week (day shift only) 7:00 to 15:15pm Mon to Thurs and 7:00 to 12 noon on Friday.
- No weekend working
- Any overtime is paid the first 4 hours are at time & half and anything after that is paid at double time.
- 26 annual and 8 bank holidays
- An extra 4 Friday's off prior to the Easter, May Day, Spring and August bank holidays - these are provided by the company in addition to the above holiday entitlement.
- A long established company, financially secure and have a very low turnover of staff. It's very rare if someone moves on after working here
Responsibilities / Requirements:
- Achieve KPIs and quality levels set by the Line Manager
- Ensure day to day running of the Die Cutting Machines, in line with S.O.Ps, and specific customer requirements
- Monitor and control carton quality
- Maximise machine efficiencies
- Minimise Downtime
- Ensure all standard operating procedures are adhered to (e.g. PPE, Health & Safety, hygiene and operational standards)
- Complete all related paperwork and input data accurately to ensure carton quality checks can be carried out, as per training given
- Ensure machine speeds are always optimised
- Ensure any defect is highlighted to Team Leader and QA Department and that it is flagged correctly
- Maintain good housekeeping
- Good Knowledge and experience of carton construction and operating Die Cutting Machines
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal)
- Great attention to detail
- Organised and calm under pressure
- Friendly, approachable and flexible - a Team Player
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates "can do" attitude
- Good attendance and timekeeping
- Ability to problem solve and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
£Open (Depending on Experience)
0161 486 3104