NEW VACANCY! (PK6599)
CUT & CREASE OPERATOR
SCOTLAND (Please contact me for further location details)
£Open (Dependant on experience) + 26 Days Holiday + Bank Holiday + Pension
Hours: 3 X 12 Hour Shifts (day & night)
Our client is a leading international manufacturer of premium branded speciality packaging. With multi-site manufacturing capabilities in the UK, allowing them to produce a range of litho, flexo, screen and digital printed labels, leaflets and cartons.
They are now looking for a Cut & Crease Operator to produce quality cartons that meet the standards as agreed with each individual customer and to comply with ISO 9001 and BRC standards and to work safely and comply with established safe systems of working.
- To achieve daily / weekly production targets.
- To achieve established quality standards working within the guidelines outlined in the established quality systems complying with ISO9001 and BRC quality standards.
- Maximising machine efficiency.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives in production.
- Log and record duties performed in SFDC.
- To minimise downtime.
Health and Safety
- To work in a safe manner, adhering our health and safety procedures and safe systems of working.
- To report all accidents and dangerous occurrences.
- To assist in the maintenance of all machinery and equipment in line with established planned maintenance programmes.
- To keep work area clean tidy ensuring that the highest standards of housekeeping and hygiene are always maintained.
Knowledge Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Experience of Cut Crease machinery and methodology (at least 1 year).
- Experience with Pre-Make Ready, embossing and PSA scheduling tool or equivalent.
- Ability to take responsibility for output and quality of cartons produced.
- Ability to examine cartons to a high-quality standard is essential including knowledge of braille.
- Specific experience of Bobst 102, 106PER, 142ER and 104ER formats would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of Bobst Cube and inline stripping and blanking process.
- Flexible to work to established shift patterns
- Demonstrable experience of working to high quality standards, with attention to detail
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practice.
- A good eye for detail and the ability to examine printed sheets to a high-quality standard is essential.
- Must be I.T. literate and have a basic understanding of Microsoft packages.
- Willing to learn new skills and participate in training.