NEW VACANCY! PK7149
DESIGN & INNOVATION MANAGER
£Competitive + Pension + 26 days holiday
Hours of Work: 9am -5pm - this is flexible
Our client is a leading manufacturer of Bespoke, Printed Packaging, they supply a wide range of Blue Chip Customers largely within the Confectionery market sectors
A very exciting opportunity has arisen within the business, the company are going through an incredibly exciting period of growth / changes and the successful applicant will be able to join a new department with new equipment / kit, and have the chance to grow, develop and really take hold of the Design & Innovation department.
The main responsibilities include:
- Manage two Designers with the opportunity to recruit one more next year
- The role will be split approx. 75 / 80% designing and 20 / 25% on managerial tasks
- Design, develop and present solutions to new customer briefs, working mainly with high end, creative seasonable packaging for the confectionery industry.
- Working directly with customers
- Generate creative design solutions aligned to customer's requirements
- Produce high quality printed mock-ups and 3D visuals
- Support Account Managers in the presentation of samples and creative solutions
- Attend customer briefings / Internal feasibility meetings
- Maintain R&D database and other internal systems
- Ability to build cross-functional working relationships in order to support the company's strategy for innovation.
The qualifications/ professional skills that we require are:
- Degree level education in a relevant design based subject or relevant on the job experience
- Experience of people management and development
- Experience in Microsoft packages, Artios /Impact and Illustrator/Photoshop
- Sketching and rendering abilities
- Design portfolio experience
- Ability to realise ideas in both a 2D and 3D format.
This is a real opportunity for a forward-thinking individual to join a fantastic business at a pivotal time, the successful candidate will be able to really take hold of the design department and be an integral part of company's future