NEW VACANCY (PK6380)
DESIGNER- CORRUGATED PACKAGING
£COMPETATIVE SALARY + 28 Days Holiday
Hours - Monday To Friday 8:30 - 5:00pm
Our client is a packaging manufacturer based in the South West, they are now looking to recruit a designer to join their team. You will become a member of a small but hugely creative design team that consistently creates fantastic solutions for their valued clients.
Role / Responsibilities:
- Develop and define packaging from briefs originating from both clients and colleagues alike.
- Generate concepts using AG / CAD (training provided).
- Make revisions, additions and improvements to archived designs.
- Work in collaboration with the Technical Manager to ensure the compatibility of new designs with existing manufacturing facilities.
- Continuously develop an understanding, and ability to learn, of the complexities and challenges associated with a busy packaging manufacturing plant.
- Produce layouts for estimating and die making.
- Create technical dimensional drawings.
- Make samples and prototypes from a wide range of boards, using our sample making table, maintaining attention to detail throughout the repetitions of this task.
- Work with the Purchasing team to identify new materials and components.
- Communicate with the Sales team to ensure deadlines and expectations are met
- Educated to Degree level or relevant experience
- Some experience in corrugated board construction design which demonstrates high levels of creativity to exceed expectations in delivering innovative and creative packaging solutions would be advantageous.
- Strong ability to use CAD and deliver 3D images.
- A self-starter with a positive 'can do' spirit able to demonstrate excellent communication, technical, innovation and creative skills.
- Demonstrate a strong and genuine interest, as well as a creative flair, for packaging and its associated markets to contribute taking pride in a strong NPD programme as part of a creative team.
- Confident and accurate computer and data-entry skills - a minimum of intermediate level Excel.
- Excellent communications skills - verbally, interpersonally and in writing across a range of mediums such as email, etc.
- Calm, organised, helpful and flexible with a willingness to learn and help others as a team player.
- Be able to work to deadlines and work under pressure, multi-tasking to adjust priorities in a constantly changing environment using highly organised administration to support.