NEW VACANCY! (PK7325)
DIGITAL PRE-PRESS & PRESS OPERATOR - LABELS
£Open DOE + Holidays + Pension + Overtime
Our client is a manufacturer of high-quality self-adhesive labels and packaging in the UK to a wide range of market sectors including retail and food. A strong focus on product quality and delivery at the top of the company agenda makes them ideally positioned to offer the best service to Blue Chip customers and brand owners in the UK.
They are currently looking for a Digital Pre-Press & Press Operator to join their expanding team, you will be using the company's software to prepare files for jobs to then print on UV Inkjet Press, suppling digital proofs to clients. Maintaining files in and orderly system. This is a hybrid role and you will spend approx. 2 days on Pre-Press and 3 days running the Digital press.
Reporting into the Production Manager your responsibilities will include:
- You will be operating a digital press
- Setting up the digital press
- Colour matching Jobs
- Checking the quality of the print
- Machine Maintenance
- Preparing clients artwork files for printing on a digital UV inkjet machine (amending as required, checking art worked files are correct to the customer's needs)
- Files received may be print-ready or may require adjustment
- Creating and supplying the digital proofs to their clients for approval
- Use of industry specific software relevant to the role, for proofing, file preparation and manipulation.
- Loading, unloading materials, operation of the press and QC checks on jobs.
- Offline colour matching.
- Inputting data into the CERM including material consumptions and clocking data.
- Ensure that all products leaving the machine are of the highest possible standard.
- Any substandard products must be quarantined and reported into the Production Manager before moving onto the next job.
- To maintain the press in good operational readiness to maximise machinery uptime.
- Tasks including setting up jobs in DFE, checking job specification, loading material and sign offs.
- To comply with the current systems of working including established shift patterns.
- Maximise the machines efficiency by achieving or improving upon estimated time frames.
- Keep your workstation and work area clean, tidy and organised by to clearing down as you go.
- The position may also require ad hoc tasks including assisting in other areas of production.
KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for this role are:
- Our client expects you to meet or improve upon the estimated times of each job wherever possible, this will be monitored on an ongoing basis. The company does understand this is not always possible and will discuss this topic in your performance review.
- Non-conformances: quality defects, shortfalls in quantity are to be kept to a minimum. The company expect zero non-conformances but do understand that this can happen and all nonconformance will be discussed with the right candidate.
- All material allocated for jobs is inclusive of set up. This will vary dependent on quantity and must not be exceeded for any reason. Any transgression of this must be reported into the Production Manager before moving on to the next job.
- To achieve the required quantity for each job, inclusive of percentage overs required for each subsequent operation. Any shortfall must be reported immediately to the Production Manager before moving onto the next job.