Distribution Manager (Transport Logistics)
Based in South Yorkshire
Job ref: CST/49283
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience
Listgrove has been retained by one of Europe’s largest and most innovative manufacturers of plastic piping systems for residential, commercial and infrastructure sectors to recruit a Distribution Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, coordination and transportation of products whilst promoting the best possible service to customers.
• Direct management of activities related to dispatching, routing and tracking of delivery vehicles
• Plan, organize and manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the daily transport plan is accomplished in a manner consistent with organisational requirements
• Direct investigations to verify and resolve customer complaints
• Implement schedule and policy changes
• Collaborate with other managers and staff members in order to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals and objectives.
• Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, Union contracts and government regulations.
• Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending company safety meetings.
• Monitor expenditure to ensure that departmental spending is consistent with approved budgets.
• Direct activities of staff performing repairs and maintenance to equipment, vehicles, and facilities.
• Liaise with the Transport Manager and Divisional Distribution Manager in order that the best in class transport management processes are identified to optimise fleet efficiency.
• Coach, train and develop your team to enable them to continuously improve their performance, professionalism and competence.
• National / International CPC Holder.
• Transport/Logistics experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
• Strong leadership and people management experience
• Up to date knowledge of H&S regulations within a transport environment
• Self-motivated and have the ability to make decisions on own initiative.
• IT Skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels internally and externally.
This is an exciting challenge to play a significant role in the development and progression of a market leading plastics manufacturing company. A competitive salary, bonus structure, company car and other company benefits will apply for the right candidate.
All third party applications will be forwarded to Listgrove.
To apply please contact Conrad Taylor
0044 (0) 1789 207070
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Cape Town, Dubai, Düsseldorf, Göteborg, Istanbul, Lyon, Milan, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney and Washington.
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Exhibiting at: Plastteknik, Med-Tech, Chemspec Europe, Kunststoffen, PPMA, K, Interpack, Compounding World, Interplas