NEW VACANCY! (PK6790)
EHS & PROJECT MANAGER - FLEXIBLE PACKAGING
HERTFORDSHIRE / BEDFORDSHIRE
£Open (Depending on Experience) + Pension
Our client is a large manufacturer specialising in the manufacture of high density and linear low polymers for industrial film applications. They extrude convert and print up to 6 colour a variety of packaging films and liners for food manufacturers and other industries.
They are currently looking for a mid level EHS & Project Manager. The successful candidate needs to be in either a current managerial position or second lead with potential to climb the ladder as Manager soon. The candidate will also have to have knowledge of BRCGS quality management to cover for the Quality Manager.
The ideal candidate will be from a flexible / plastic packing background, candidates from other packaging backgrounds will also be considered.
The EHS & Project Manager will report to the Operations Director and will be cooperating closely with the senior management team and other functions in the company. You will be responsible for all aspects of the projects, health & safety and environmental functions. The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review of existing system and standards, recommending improvements and making adjustments to those systems as required;
- Root cause analysis of compliance issues and recommendations for preventative measures to be taken;
- Implement detailed EHS performance measurement across all departments.
- Detailed investigation and root cause analysis of all accidents, near misses and incidents and proposing and implementing corrective actions;
- Undertake design and preparation of a comprehensive environmental management system;
- Provide cover for Quality Manager for BRCGS standard.
- Design and implementation of training programmes for employees in respect of environmental and health and safety practices;
- Ensure plant wide compliance with all relevant legislation related to H&S and Environmental standards;
- Prepare & maintain factory for BRC compliance including team training.
- Provide cover for standards maintenance and compliance, particularly in respect of hygiene and BRC standard requirements and systems;
- Involvement in disciplinary proceedings for breach of company policies and procedures;
- Work as part of the senior management team, including the preparation of materials for board meeting review. Including identification and measurement of key KPIs and proposing and implementing measures to improve actual performance compared to those KPIs;
- Establish consistency in the application of operating standards and an awareness/compliance with safety, health and environmental legislation and company policy;
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement across the company;
- Work closely with all levels of the organisation to ensure best practice is being communicated and adopted within the business;
- In conjunction with the senior management team define the optimum organisation structure and recruit, develop, motivate and manage a team that maximises its performance potential and meets current and future business needs.
- Assist Ops. Director for project work.