Smurfit Kappa are one of the UK’s largest producers of corrugated packaging for the Trade. We have a vision of being recognised as market leaders by our customers who describe us as indispensable. Customer service and quality are placed at the heart of how we run our business.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join our team at the Diss Site working a double day shift pattern as well as holiday cover when required.
Working within a complex engineering environment our Electrical Engineers are responsible for providing a responsive engineering service to the Site's Operations Team to ensure high levels of machine availability, efficiency, reliability, safety and quality standards are achieved and improved upon. They will be responsible for providing effective and long term solutions to continuously improve machine reliability.
Other key elements of the role involve:
- Identification and recovery of fault situations on all processing equipment and ancillary devices.
- Monitoring and adjusting equipment and process conditions to ensure that 'right first time' quality is achieved.
- Maximising equipment utilisation by carrying out effective preventative maintenance procedures, timely calibrations, routine safety checks on all processing equipment.
- Promoting an environment of continuous improvement at all times and assisting in process improvement projects.
- Installation and commissioning of new equipment.
Applicants must possess an Apprenticeship trained/HNC qualification in an electrical discipline. The following skills are also required:
- Excellent ability to fault find.
- Experience with ac and dc drives e.g. Lenze, Sew, Siemens, ABB
- Knowledge of Siemens S5, S7 and Allen Bradley plc's.
In return, we are offering an annual salary of £32,000 plus usual benefits.
Applicants should apply via the company's dedicated online recruitment process which includes a couple of assessments that should take about 15 minutes to complete.
The closing date for applications is 26th June 2020.