NEW VACANCY! (PK7170)
ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE ENGINEER WEST YORKSHIRE
Salary: £35,774 - £36,847, with annual pay reviews + Annual Bonus + Pension +Life Cover (4x salary) + 5.6 weeks Annual Leave inclusive of Bank Holidays plus 2 days Christmas Closedown plus increases for 3-15 years' service + Monthly Drinks Allowance + Various other incentives and rewards schemes
Shifts: 12 hr Continental Shifts on a 4 week rotation, 6am-6pm/6pm-6am: one week work 5 shifts, the next week only 2 shifts. More detail is available.
Our client is a leading manufacturer of plastics for FMCG markets. They have a current requirement for a Maintenance Engineer to work as a support function to the production department. To perform the day to day maintenance of plant and equipment, to include moulding and assembly machinery, to ensure continuity of Production, consistent with the Company's goals and needs.
- Maintenance of equipment
- Diagnose and repair electrical/mechanical faults that occur on plant and/or equipment.
- Assist with the maintenance program (TPM) for all plant and/or equipment.(hydraulics, robots, ancillary machines automatic assembly)
- Validate new plant, equipment, automation and upgrades.
- Process / Equipment troubleshooting and failure analysis
- Ensure all items of plant and/or equipment is in good safe working order.
- Build and maintain items and documentation within the maintenance department, necessary for the effective running of the plant and/or equipment.
- Deliver innovative technical solutions to the plant.
- Strive to improve the efficiency and safety of plant and equipment.
- Identify opportunities for new technology/automation.
- Maintain a high standard of record keeping for all repairs and servicing of plant and/or equipment as required for audit, traceability and warranty purposes, in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Routinely manage your workload using the Quality Management System (Q-Pulse) and ensure actions are completed within the required timescales.
- Demonstrate ability to make decisions based on data.
- Use the necessary or required internal and/or external software to facilitate this role including Q-Pulse and Microsoft. This list is non-exhaustive.
- Maintain the highest standards of housekeeping at all times.
- Dismantle, inspect and overhaul equipment, as required by preventive maintenance program and production schedules.
- Acquire and develop advanced knowledge of electronics and programming of Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Assist with maintenance building and support services.
- Health, Safety, welfare and Environment/5S - Ensure compliance with all regulatory, Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
- For self and others, ensure compliance to all relevant Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental regulations, legislation and Company requirements at all times and without exception and Zero Harm Process.
Required Skills & Training:
- Experience in Injection Molding, tooling and with multi-cavity molds
- The applicant ideally would have experience in a manufacturing environment and have the ability to work in a high pressure site.
- City & Guilds (or equivalent) Levels 1, 2 & 3 in Electrical Engineering
- Mechatronics qualification
- Must be proficient in Electrical, Mechanical, Hydraulic and Pneumatics, and preferably with an Injection Moulding/Plastics background.