As a member of the EMEA R&D Packaging Team, this role will be responsible for managing small to medium projects in the innovation/efficiency pipeline for the region or certain markets up to handover to site based implementation teams. This includes Commercial related activities, individual workstreams of bigger projects, re-engineering.
This role is responsible for brand maintenance activities across the regional portfolio /brands & includes the compliance to our Key Quality Attributes and brand standards (through the review of consumer, customer complaints and supply chain packaging exceptions escalated by the local team).
This role involves the project management/technical leadership of a number of small/medium projects and/or work streams under bigger projects. It will also involve new packaging development and practical work. It is responsible for packaging changes or development from New Project Request through to factory handover and if necessary will include prototyping and optimisation of the packaging specification in the scale-up and implementation phases. It operates within project teams as part of a cross functional team and will run/participate in technical project teams linking in all R&D sub-functions and managing risk assessment.
You will be ….
- Accountable for the delivery of packaging renovation activities relying on a broad R&D and cross functional network and knowledge of the diverse product/pack range
- Managing the input into systems and stage gates in accordance with our business processes and standards
- Primary interface within R&D for all R&D sub-functions (e.g. regulatory, sensory, NPD, implementation teams, design, Q&FS, etc…), also the R&D interface with functions outside of R&D (e.g. Marketing, Supply, Commercial, etc…)
- Apply creative and functional skills on packaging and a thorough understanding of our supply network to create packaging delivering against the defined Key Quality Attributes.
- Identifying new packaging benefits and translating them into attributes using a variety of Consumer and Sensory tools.
- Producing lab scale prototypes of existing/new packaging, without detailed instruction.
- Defining relevant quality attributes, sometimes with the use of advanced measurement techniques.
Qualifications & experience required :
- Minimum science degree or equivalent in packaging or related subject area.
- The level of education can be compensated by practical experience in packaging design or technology area.
- Demonstrated project management (ideally of numerous, interconnected projects) and networking/communication skills with 2 + years experience
- Ability to use a variety specification data management systems in parallel.
- Likely to have proven technical capability and demonstrate creativity in turning insights into packaging opportunities and solutions
- An understanding of the desirable, feasible, viable approach and is able to demonstrate problem solving and analytical approaches.
- They must demonstrate a passion for the consumer and quality, being able to demonstrate creativity in turning insights into packaging solutions.
- Understanding of the business strategy and the contribution of a given innovation project to the activity plan.
- Understanding and application of business processes to manage innovation and also R&D processes within this. Also understanding of related quality management processes.