Job Title: Estimator
Salary: £Negotiable - Highly Competitive Package
Location: North West England
We are looking for a highly organised and analytical individual with costing/pricing/estimating experience in the printing and/or packaging industry. You will be joining a company that is always looking to better itself; one that is keen to recruit individuals who like to innovate and improve processes. You will enjoy working as part of a close team, passionate about what they do and who strive to make a difference.
Role responsibilities will include:
- Estimate costs and propose margins using the software system in place, considering standard estimating rules as applicable, and the rates and costs agreed with the site and the commercial team
- Prepare submissions for tenders.
- Present estimates to key stakeholders, explain approach on costing pricing in an articulate way.
- Ensure all costs and parameters within estimating models are kept updated in line with Dept SOP.
- Develop and maintain the pricing database with both spot pricing and matrix calculators across the customer base.
- Ensure all pricing is updated in a timely manner and provided to the relevant Customer Service or Commercial teams in line with department KPI guidelines.
- Develop work on samples, product development, layouts and designs for customer ranges in conjunction with the Sales and Origination departments.
- Provide the origination, production and materials departments with information as required to allow for efficient planning.
- Create GM improvement opportunities within Existing customer base by Suggesting more efficient order pattern management, routings, or any other process improvement
- Monitor & Ensure New business awarded to the company is performing to financial expectations in line with Proposed executive summary and SLA.
- Act on or deputise for customer related project teams
- Absence cover for other Estimators in the company
- Attend meetings on or off site with customers as required.
- Develop technological skills consistent with the requirements of this position.
- Maintain and develop costing records of orders produced and provide for comparisons to estimated costs.
- Interact directly with customers and suppliers on pricing and project development.
- Keep Activity Logs up to date in line with Dept SOP.
- Generate ad hock and monthly reports
- Understand Machine Rates and Material movements and maintain costs in pricing model
Leaflets experience is desirable but not essential. Our top priority is finding a highly numerate estimator with excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and spoken.