To work closely with strategic brands in the food & beverage markets & our internal engineering resources and carton converting to commercialize new products. Be the subject matter expert. Reporting to the NPD Director.
- To lead the development and commercialisation of new packaging innovations in fibre packaging (cartons/paper)
- To develop and maintain effective relationships with key customer contacts
- To provide specific technical support and advice to the sales team.
- To build close working relationships with Engineering and Converting
- To lead Value Engineering / Line efficiency projects with key customers
- To build packaging specifications clearly identifying RTQ’s
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Project management lead for NPD projects. Scope, plan and implement projects whilst providing efficient reporting / status updates to the business. Ensuring results are on time and on budget.
- Meet with customers to build robust project plans and communication tools to ensure ‘Right First Time’
- Work closely with structural design to ensure designs proposed are fit for purpose, meet customer needs and will run efficiently across the packaging machinery range
- In addition, working closely with sales team to ensure accurate costing of projects when required
- Write materials, manufacturing, and performance specifications for new products and ensure RTQ’s established are clearly understood in converting
- Assist in material-related projects and programs in support of Global R&D
- Working with engineering, focus on line and machine efficiency improvements
- Be the ‘Eyes and Ears’ on the ground with strategic customers
Communication / Interpersonal
- Prepare project time lines and manage those time lines accordingly
- Regularly update the sales team and customers regularly on project status, highlighting road blocks and support required
- Ensure communication with engineering and converting is clear and open
- Submit details of activity and forecasts as appropriate
- Safeguard the company’s interests concerning confidential technical and commercial information.
Monitoring Market Activity
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the Company’s full capabilities and product range.
- Monitor the competitiveness of company products in the market place, analyse and report on opportunities and threats as they arise - Monitor competitor activity within customers and identify threats to existing business or pipeline developments
Skill/Characteristics required :
- BSc in Packaging, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Material Science or Packaging /Product related degree is preferred.
- Six Sigma training/exposure to Six Sigma tools (desirable not essential)
- Formal project management qualification (desirable not essential)
- Complex project management experience
- Delivering machinery-based packaging projects
- Working across multiple sites / multiple countries
- Direct customer communication, reports / presentations
- Building long term relationships
- Structural packaging/carton design, packaging machinery knowledge, converting knowledge, knowledge of the beverage industry & Materials knowledge (desirable but not essential)
- Computer literacy – specifically MS Project and other project tools
Interpersonal Skills required:
Fluent English essential. Ability to work in multi-cultural environment. Effective communication skills – ‘meetings’, verbal, writing, presentations, telephone. Technical Account management with direct customer relationship management & additional language (desirable but not essential)
Approach to Work: Available to travel within Europe & the US when required. Effective internal negotiation skills. Ability to identify and analyse threats/opportunities. Self-motivated/achiever.