Executive VP Operations & Supply Chain
Based in Malta
Job ref: CST/43300
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with experience
Our client is a major force within the international beauty and cosmetics industry supplying a diversified packaging product range for all types of make-up, skincare, fragrance and promotional packs. It operates from two major factories (Malta and China) together with a global network of trading partners. Their quality and technical know-how is second to none, and the business lives by core values that encompass people, passion, pride and creativity. This is an exciting time for the Group as they unveil a new purpose built technical centre, which works as an ‘innovation hub of excellence’ striving to design, develop and produce the latest packaging product innovations to excite customers.
The appointment of a new EVP Operations & Supply Chain is a critical component of their growth plans and will spearhead the development of the Group’s manufacturing footprint ensuring it can continue to deliver the best packaging products to a demanding blue chip customer base. This is a board level role based in Malta and will be responsible for leading the operations as well as covering full end to end supply chain responsibility.
· Full P&L responsibility
· Delivery of a manufacturing strategy for future technologies
· Deliver agility in production striving towards ‘best in class’ manufacturing
· Manage the global expansion of the manufacturing footprint assessing the opportunity to acquire new production processes in-house
· Leadership for Quality Control and Assurance
· Delivery “right first time” ethos
· Deliver a group Sustainability strategy
New Product Development-
· Responsible for delivering ‘best in class’ NPD processes
· Implementation of platform / systems to support NPD OTIF targets
· Champion cross functional work with strategy teams to investigate and roll out new technologies in tooling, ensuring the Group is leading and not following in this area.
· Challenge and lead own Speed to Market strategy
· Responsible for integrated planning processes and systems
· Champion Inventory level reductions
· Target lead-times that give a competitive edge
· Implementation of product type / category or commodity strategies
· Supplier selection, performance monitoring, KPI’s
· Year on year cost reductions
· Manage & sign off carrier contracts and strategies
· Supplier selection, performance monitoring and KPI’s
· Year on year cost reductions
The following experience is required for this position:
· Significant (10 to 15 years) experience at senior level in operations/supply chain within the Beauty/Cosmetics Industry.
· Understand how the different packaging components in the Beauty industry (e.g. lipsticks, mascara) fit together and have the know-how for ‘make v buy’ decisions.
· Operations experience in the Beauty and Cosmetics industry is essential.
· Demonstrable successes in at least 3 of the key areas of NPD, Planning, Sourcing and Logistics.
· Proven results in culture change and development of manufacturing/supply chain towards world class status
· Financial and commercial acumen to make business decisions based around manufacturing profitability
If you are interested in being considered for this role, you are encouraged to apply at the earliest opportunity by forwarding your curriculum vitae and letter of application via email to email@example.com.
The company has retained Listgrove to manage this project on their behalf and all third party applications will be forwarded for their attention. Fees will not be payable to recruitment consultancies that send speculative candidate applications.
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Office Locations: Stratford-upon-Avon, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Cape Town, Dubai, Düsseldorf, Istanbul, Lyon, Malmö, Milan, Mumbai, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney and Washington.
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY – ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Exhibiting at: Kunststoffen, Fakuma, ScanPack, Chemplast Expo, Packaging Innovations, ArabPlast
commensurate with experience