NEW VACANCY! (PK7061)
EXTERNAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
NORTH WEST / WEST MIDLANDS REGION
Circa £45K + 26% sales target related bonus + company car + 25 days holiday + bank holidays + 4.5% matched company contribution pension scheme
Our client is a specialist in the manufacture of high quality conventional corrugated packaging, an exciting opportunity exists for an External Account Manager to join their external sales team. Reporting into the Sales Manager, they are looking for an enthusiastic, focused and driven Account Manager, keen to work with existing customers and importantly, seek new business opportunities in qualified market sectors that fit the business needs.
Experience of selling into the FMCG/Industrial sectors is required, experience of a corrugated business being an advantage.
- The sales area will cover Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Cheshire, Staffordshire and West Midlands, though this may be subject for review depending on where your home location is. You will grow and develop existing accounts and identify new business opportunities.
- Using your consultative selling skills, listening to what the customer wants, you will build strong relationships with prospects and customers by understanding their requirements and identifying appropriate packaging solutions.
- Selling from their plants in the North West and Wes Midlands, you will work closely with your internal colleagues in sales, design, planning, production and logistics to ensure maximum operational efficiency and deliver the best possible customer service to meet and exceed your own and companies sales targets.
- Permanently advise customers about new products, solutions and services.
- Personalised attention and visits to customers to find out what their needs are and provide solutions.
- Ongoing co-ordination with customer services to monitor orders, claims, planning of visits and contacts with customers, collection arrangements, etc.
- Participate in the definition of new customer search strategies, carrying out the necessary prospecting.
- Propose sales forecasts and monitor them.
- Propose the account plans and stakeholder analysis for his/her customers and monitor them.
- Promote health and safety best practice.
- Attend meetings, together with customer services, Sales Manager and other relevant members of the team
- Keep up to date with all of the technical characteristics of the products in order to be able to advise customers on their applications.
- Participate in the planning of commercial activities with the Sales Manager
- Collect customer information both to maintain databases and also to be aware of competitors, prices, new products and formats, etc.
- Fulfil Management guidelines in relation to prices, minimum orders, production qualities, etc.
- Handling of orders (regular, new references or modifications).
- Maintain customer working platforms in line with business needs
- Maintain and exceed sales targets
- Work with internal stakeholders to develop best practise profitably
- Excellent relationship building skills
- The desire to generate new business through targeting and identifying specific market areas that complement and are aligned to the business strategy
- The ability to cross sell and provide business solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Tenacious , positive ' can do ' attitude
- The ability to 'close a sale'