NEW VACANCY! (PK6229)
EXTERNAL SALES MANAGER - NON FOOD PACKAGING
NORTHERN ENGLAND / MIDLANDS
Attractive Salary and Benefits Package (Dependent on experience)
Our client is a world class packaging supplier providing solutions to multinational FMCG businesses. They currently require a Sales Manager to build successful and profitable customer relationships, whilst managing the effective delivery of multiple complex sales orders and projects.
The role is predominately home/field based with external interaction with key customers, allocation of accounts will depend on geography of the successful candidate. There will be regular travel to the office and occasional international travel required.
The successful candidate will develop and manage customer relationships, generating business to meet targets, making appointments and contacting existing and potential customers, providing a proactive service to secure business.
The company are keen to explore candidates with primary or secondary luxury packaging experience, this can be dealing with Fillers, Brand Owners and /or Retailers, preferably in Non-Food markets.
Essential Job Functions:
- Contract review and costing of sales enquiries, together with any other associated procedures, via both computerised and manual systems.
- Ensure the effective functioning of your appointed customer/prospect base.
- Action customer requests, enquiries and orders.
- File hard copies and ensure accessibility of information.
- Monitor the progress of existing customer base.
- Prepare and issue documents including quotations, sample and catalogue requests, and other necessary literature.
- Ensuring full traceabilty and accessibility of information.
- The updating and maintenance of your Enquiry Quotation spreadsheet; communicating any necessary amendments to price lists and Sage to Sales Office Team Leader and Internal Account Managers.
- Ensuring that all customer and prospect details are current and that all activities are fully noted and complied with.
- To file and issue call plans on a weekly basis.
- Produce visit reports to ensure that sufficient information is input to enable any other employee to caretake this role during an absence
- An understanding of packaging from a technical, NPD or sales background.
- Excellent negotiating and relationship building/management skills.
- Used to dealing with demanding customers.
- The ability to digest and understand technical specifications and retain product knowledge to assist the customers achieve their requirements.
- Confident, tact and a persuasive manner.
- Articulate and accurate.
- Good business sense with a commercial understanding.
- Remains organised under pressure.
- Excellent ownership and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle difficult situations whilst remaining calm.
- Work as part of a team, supporting colleagues as and when required.
- Ability to follow an internal process.
- A positive attitude towards change.
- Preferred technical understanding of materials and processes.
- IT literate: Excel, PP, Word etc, Sage is beneficial but not essential.
Attractive Salary and Benefits Package
0161 485 8888