Key Account Manager & Field Sales Executive
Territory: East Midlands Region
Package: Basic salary up to £37,000 (dependent on experience) with bonus/OTE up to £50k, Company car (or allowance), smartphone, I-Pad & other excellent PLC benefits
Sector: Packaging distribution
We, the UK’s largest packaging distributor have an exciting opportunity for experienced sales professionals to join us in the East Midlands region. Due to continued growth, we are currently hiring for both a Key Account Manager and a Sales Executive to join our successful team. We are a committed equal opportunities employer that champions ‘dignity in the workplace’. Our focus is to provide customers with fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions, augmented by outstanding customer service. Appointing and nurturing sales talent across our business is key to our continued growth.
The Key Account Manager & Sales Executive roles
Both our sales roles are ‘full sales cycle’ incorporating both account management (existing portfolio) and some stretching new business targets; The fundamental difference being that as Key Account Manager, you will hold responsibility for some of our larger customer accounts. Both roles will provide the opportunity to interact and develop relationships with often high profile & well-known brands within the wider industrial & e-commerce sectors. You will act as the main contact for your assigned customers responsible for successfully delivering solutions to meet their needs. Your success shall also be measured against account growth and gross profit targets which will require you to proactively identify & capitalise on all opportunities to increase sales/profitability by utilising a solution led sales approach.
- Manage assigned Accounts to ensure that the Regional Sales and Profit Targets are achieved and exceeded
- Be the main point of contact for Key Accounts, with emphasis on the building of relationships throughout the organization
- Play a pivotal role in the management and ongoing development of National Accounts where appropriate
- Work in a constructive manner with your key internal colleagues across internal sales, logistics & procurement
- Develop, analyse, and present relevant data including key deliverables
Do you have the correct profile?
We welcome your application if you are an experienced external/field based B2B sales professional who is accustomed to a full sales-cycle approach and can effectively ‘solution’ sell. You will have a consultative and collaborative sales style and reside on patch within the East Midlands area (full driving licence is essential).
To be considered for the Key Account Manager role, you must ideally have enjoyed exposure to managing & developing a similar size customer portfolio (collectively upwards of £3M annual turnover). Some experience of selling to users within the wider ‘industrial’ or ‘e-commerce’ sectors would be preferable. You will be presentable, polished, intelligent, and articulate, you will be commercially aware, goal orientated and self-driven. Any background in packaging whilst potentially advantageous is not essential, as full product training can be provided.
We provide a competitive basic starting salary and operate a range of rewarding bonus/incentive schemes. Our flexible employee benefits can include: -
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 27 days with service) plus all public/bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking at many of our site locations
- Range of company cars or cash allowance (including electric) for qualifying roles
- Employee assistance program to support & advise with well-being & any issues
- Extensive range of training/development & potential progression opportunities
- Employee discount scheme (discounts on several major retail/leisure brands)
- Simply Health/Dental Cover option or BUPA cover for qualifying roles
- Tax free childcare (TFC) scheme
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
- Long service awards (5-40 years)
- Charitable giving options
- Financial support with eye-tests/purchasing glasses (DSE users only)
- O2 Mobile discount scheme (up to 25% off)
Macfarlane Group is also dedicated to maximizing every employee’s potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.
How to apply/next steps
This is an urgent appointment whereby we will be working to identify and review the very best of applicants swiftly in the hope of selecting the successful candidate to commence with us ASAP. Please note that Macfarlane Group supports ‘hybrid working’ where possible and we often conduct our first stage interviews via video.
To make an application please simply click ‘apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. All applications will be acknowledged, shortlisted applicants normally hearing from us within a week or two. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified at the end of our process, although if you haven’t heard from us within 2-3 weeks of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE