NEW VACANCY! (PK6860)
FLEXO PRESS OPERATOR
£Open depending on Experience
Hours: 3 shifts, 5 days a week (6am - 2pm / 2pm - 10pm / 10pm - 6am)
Our client is expanding its portfolio in Europe and has an exciting opportunity for a Flexographic Press Operator to join their global production / manufacturing company at their UK facility. Reporting to the Plant Manager the successful candidate will need to have a continuous improvement mindset and a focus on health & safety.
The Flexo Press Operator is responsible for supporting goals of the plant in efficient operation of a flexographic press, printing to specification ensuring consistent quality. This is a technical and skilled position requiring strong mechanical aptitude and previous flexographic press experience. Candidates should have solid print environment experience, strong math skills, good attendance, and a desire to grow and learn with a label career focus
The following skills and experience are ideally required:
- Follow all standard safety guidelines
- Set up/adjust flexo press for job runs to meet specifications
- Mix and match colours to PMS book.
- Must have working knowledge of ink management for water base and UV inks
- Monitor product and computerised equipment for quality during job runs.
- Check precision of detail against specifications.
- Take action to correct any problems
- Print jobs maintaining optimum production rate, colour density, registration, and quality standard within company and customer guidelines
- Interface with production software to record job status, material, and labour information
- Comply with all company procedures, safety, and quality guidelines
- Ensure proper cleanliness of press, work station, and immediate press area by following good housekeeping practice
- Exhibit safety-first attitude from proper PPE compliance to maintaining an environmentally safe and hazard-free work environment.
- Compliance with all workplace and product safety standards required
- 2 years' experience in flexographic print/ manufacturing process
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced team environment and adapt to change
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision-making skills
- Positive attitude and quality conscious
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Responsible for working required overtime