NEW VACANCY! (PK7324)
FLEXO PRESS OPERATOR - LABELS
£Open DOE + Holidays + Pension + Overtime
Shift Pattern: Flexible
Our client is a manufacturer of high-quality self-adhesive labels and packaging in the UK to a wide range of market sectors including retail and food. A strong focus on product quality and delivery at the top of the company agenda makes them ideally positioned to offer the best service to Blue Chip customers and brand owners in the UK.
They are currently looking for a Flexo Press Operator to join their expanding team to operate a new Digicon Series 3 Press - 4 Colour UV Semi Rotary print and die cutting press with finishing capabilities of cold foil, hot foil, lamination, special varnishing, embossing, screen printing and slitting/rewinding.
*Digicon experience in preferred but any experience of flexo printing will be accepted*
- Setting up press
- Colour matching jobs
- Checking quality of print
- Ad-hoc tasks such as laying plates and machine maintenance
- Expectation to be trained to run other machines also
- Operating presses to print jobs efficiently and to the highest standard.
- Setting up jobs (using print cylinders, magnetic cylinders and die cutters), mixing inks, colour matching, wash ups and loading material.
- Inputting data into the MIS system including material consumptions and clocking data.
- To comply with the current systems of working including established shift patterns.
- Maximise the machine efficiency to achieve estimated times.
- Manage a schedule of work on a hourly/daily/weekly basis and understand the targets set and the importance of the candidates part in the process.
- Keeping the work station and work area tidy and organised by taking at least 15 minutes per day to clear down before the end of the shift.
- Ad hoc tasks when required that may include ink mixing, laying plates and locating material.
Technical Skills Required:
- Flexo Printing
- Printing Presses
KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for this role are:
- Job times: actual vs. estimated times for each job and averaged out over the weeks and months.
- The company expect the candidate to meet the estimated times of each job wherever possible. They do understand this is not always possible and will discuss this topic in your performance review.
- Amount of non-conformances: quality defects with jobs that have been printed by yourself. The company expect zero non conformances but do understand this can happen and any non conformance will be discussed at your performance review.
- Percentage of waste on jobs that you have run: The company expect you to strive for 10% or less overall