NEW VACANCY! (PK7405)
FLEXO PRINTER NORTH WALES
Salary £29K (Including Shift Allowance) + Pension
Hours: Continental Shifts/ 4 week rotation:
Week 1 - 12 hr days x 5
Week 2 - 12 hr days x 2
Week 3 - 12 hr nights x 5
Week 3 - 12 hr nights x 2
You will be responsible for supporting the Lead Printer with operating a flexographic print machine whilst ensuring your print operations are conducted in a safe and controlled manner in line with the required standards and operating procedures. You will work with the Printer to maximise press uptime in line with KPI's, taking account of running speeds and opportunities to achieve operational efficiencies.
- Help set up and operate print machinery to optimum levels in a safe working manner, ensuring that the machinery and surrounding area are maintained in line with required health, safety, environmental, hygiene and housekeeping standards.
- Ensure that all spills are logged and cleaned immediately.
- Operate in line with site health and safety, environmental and quality standards.
- Work in line with site standards for BRC & ISO
- Operate processes in line with lean manufacturing techniques including SMED and the 5S principles.
- When required, participate in continuous improvement initiatives within Production.
- Maintain press consumables to ensure a continuous supply including loading/offloading of master reels and loading/offloading of inks on the print press.
- Manage and operate the press in the absence of the Lead Printer, including rest breaks.
- Spot and report any non-conformities to the Lead Printer or Shift Manager and support resolution as required.
- Support the training of colleagues as and when required.
- When required, contribute to shift handovers to ensure a smooth transition and continuous production.
- As a matter of routine, ensure the press is in an appropriate operational condition and in the absence of the Lead Printer, make sure that the next shift has been briefed on where production is up to and any other relevant production issues.
- Assist with general cleaning and maintenance of print equipment.
- Part or fully trained Printer, preferably with flexographic experience
- Relevant Print NVQ Level 2 or 3 an advantage
- Additional qualifications e.g. fire safety, first aid etc. an advantage but not essentialGood level of literacy and numeracy, preferably GCSE level in English and Maths
- Experience of Mark Andy or BOBST printers an advantage
- Exposure to Lean Six Sigma or other continuous improvement techniques an advantage
- Considerable exposure to quality, health, safety and environmental standards and practices within a production setting
- Fluent English - ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and understand both written and verbal work instructions