Foodservice Packaging Association - Executive Chairman
A part time senior executive Chair is required for this dynamic and forward-thinking trade association.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who can help lead the association through the next phase of its development. Candidates will have significant understanding of the current challenges facing the single use packaging sector and a track record in briefing and influencing at the highest levels. Experience of the foodservice sector is desirable. Regular meetings in London and the home counties, occasional travel throughout the UK.
The role requires 4-6 days a month and a full familiarisation programme will be undertaken with the current Board.
Foodservice Packaging Association
- The FPA is the representative voice of the industry, promoting the responsible manufacturing, sourcing, distribution, usage and disposal of food and foodservice packaging
- The FPA engages with all four UK governments representing the industry with key departments and committees including Defra, HM Treasury and BEIS. The FPA collaborates with other trade associations with a strong packaging remit such as INCPEN, UK Hospitality, the British Takeaway Campaign, Pack2Go Europe, Confederation of Paper Industries, British Plastics Federation and the Packaging Federation
- The FPA is material neutral and ensures all members operate to ethical standards. It is the industry ‘watch-dog’ for key issues
- Key events in the FPA year include the annual Environment Seminar (January) Annual Awards (March) Golf & Activities Day (June) autumn networking lunch (September)
- The FPA produces a weekly news Digest for members, highlighting its work and key issues that members must be aware of
- A highly experienced Chair who can bring fresh thinking and new ideas to the organisation, whilst preserving its values and ethos
- Able to demonstrate previous successful leadership in at least one of the following: trade associations, foodservice/hospitality, packaging
- Strong strategic and commercial skills, including setting the Board agenda and working with the Board and Executive Director on strategy, performance and values
- Encouraging a culture of openness and debate, managing relationships with all FPA members and ensuring continuity, effectiveness and value for money
Remuneration will be IRO £30k pa for 4-6 days per month; flexibility is essential
Candidates who feel they meet the above criteria are invited to send their CV and a covering letter to the FPA Administrator. Please email Lisa
The applications will close on: 31 January 2020