NEW VACANCY! (PK6825)
SOUTH EAST(Please contact me for further location details)
£Competitive (TBD upon Application) + Pension + Other Benefits TBD
Our client is a well-established supplier of transit packaging products based in the South East. An excellent opportunity for a professional General Manager to join their team, the role is for a hands-on candidate with experience in a production environment and who is equally comfortable with managing teams (production, design, and sales) and interfacing with key clients.
Packaging industry experience preferred.
- Ensure all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Purchase materials, plan inventory and oversee production scheduling
- Help the companies processes remain legally compliant
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives with the directors
- To introduce production KPIs
- Recruit, train and supervise staff
- Find ways to increase efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Drive operational improvements to ensure first class client relationships
- Be part of the team to throw ideas around for company improvement and growth
- Be responsible for site services, production, quality and office administration teams working closely with the Sales Director
- At least 5 Years' experience in a fast-paced production / customer service environment.
- A third level degree / qualification in engineering / manufacturing or a proven track record of life experience in a related environment
- Ability to grasp different disciplines of manufacture across mixed products
- Familiarity with business principles
- A good listener who can absorb information from several quarters and deliver valued progression.
- Packaging industry experienced preferred.
- Be a confident decision maker
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership ability
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Willing to lead from the front when required.